Catching up

"Why did you leave?"

Brutus said, looking at some of the recent scars on the back of your right ear.

By now the cat named as pixie is sleeping on his back, tired of the walk back to their backyard.

"Because if I don't I might be in worse conditions," you say, your head on the grass, and you close your eyes.

Brutus stays quiet and lays his head down on the grass and looks at you. The scar on your nose has healed since the last time he saw you so is the one on your back. He still remembers how you got it.

~~

"Careful Brutus the scent is stronger now," you say to him, he looks at you and nods.

You walk until you see your teammates in front of a door and they motion you to come.

Once you do that the team captain named Sergei nods to his teammates and then they kick the door open. You hear yelling and kids screaming, apparently, this is one of the enemy's bases that you entered.

You hear running and you turn to look at what might be the source of the noise and your heart drops.

A 200-pound Irish wolfdog is heading to Brutus and since Brutus is a German Shepherd going head to head with a wolfdog leaves a 50\50 chance that one of them will get killed.

You leap at the dog and attack him, going for his neck but before you can do that you sustain two injuries, once you fight him down, you go for his neck, successfully killing him in the process.

You look up and see Brutus running at a guy that has a gun and before he can get to him, the guy pulls the trigger shooting Sergei in his chest.

You run at Sergei trying to protect him from anything else, but when the shooting stops and his teammates pull you away from him they are met with a bearly breathing captain.

'No! We can't lose him! We already lost Julius!' You thought and look at Brutus, seeing the sadness and anger in his eyes.

~~

"Brutus who is that!!" Brutus hears the excitement in Lola's voice.

"A friend of mine Lola," Brutus says to her, and before she answers the voice next to him cuts him off "and more importantly is she hostile?" You say looking at Lola making sure that she will not attack you.

"No, she isn't," he says and looks at your tense body, before saying "so there's no need to be tense"

You relax slightly and before you can introduce yourself to the dog she cuts you off.

"What's your name?!" "As-" "cool! Where did you live!" "In-" "cool!! What's it like there?!"

You were trying to answer her questions but she kept cutting you off, before she asks any more questions she stops when a new voice speaks.

"Let the dog speak Lola," a cat says and you see that is hairless and you identify it as a sphinx cat, a cat completely hairless by nature.

"Thank you...?" You say to the cat and the cat immediately looks at you up and down and before you speak the cat beats you to it.

"Ms. Wrinkles, but you can call me wrinkles, plus why do you look like Brutus just different colors and scars?" The cat named wrinkles said to you roll your eyes.

"Plus I'm a female," you say calmly to him and he nods understanding.

"Guys this is an old friend of mine from where I used to work" they both nod and Brutus motions for you to introduce yourself.

"Hi, my name is joy but I prefer to be called aster," you say, and before you can say anything else another dog comes in.

"There you are ms. wrinkles!" The dog yells excitedly and you growl at him thinking, that he's hostile.

He runs away before shouting "scary dog, scary dog, scary dog!" Looking back at Brutus, he just sight and say "that's Hugo."

~time skip~

You lay down in the grass seeing brutus's master making a fire to make marshmallows with Brutus next to him

When it was almost midnight you stand up and start to walk away but then Brutus stopped you by questioning.

"Where are you going?" He said and you look back at him you say " to my cave, on like you, I have to go sleep in a cave, but don't worry I'll be back tomorrow"

Then you walk away to the path of where the cave is.

~~
So what do you think?