Part One: Chapter Eighteen

Y/n was looking up and down the halls for Yu-ri and Ji Soo. Looking to her right nothing, looking to her left... Yeong-su?

Y/n ran up to him and kneeling in front of him, "Yeong-su? Where have you been?" She asked him, cheeking for any injuries. Yeong-su smiled, "I'm fine." He said then looked in the room behind him, the same room where Y/n saw Ji Soo last. " Mr. Pyeon went in there." He pointed out to her, she walked inside and saw three very familiar faces, Yu-ri, Sang Wook, and Ji soo.

Ji Soo wasn't looking in the best of shape while Yu-ri looked traumatized and Sang Wook looked a little worried. "What happened..?" She asked, making everyone look at her.

Yu-ri seemed too stunned to say anything, while Ji Soo was still in pain clenching her side. Sang Wook shrugged. Y/n just sighed and ran over to Ji Soo to help her sit up and look for something to clean her wound with but nothing.

They all heard an elevator bell ring, Sang Wook and Y/n looked at each other worried after what happened last time. "We'll be back." He told them and rushed off, bringing Yeong-su while them.

~~

The two walked in seeing everyone surrounding the elevator with weapons pointed at it, Yeong-su safely made it back to his sister while Sang Wook and Y/n got into a defense position, ready to fight whatever it was.

The elevator doors opened to reveal Hyun Soo and a hooded figure behind him, Y/n intently lowered her weapon a bit, happy to see him alive. But something still seemed way off.

"Hyun Soo, what's going on with you?" Yi-kyeong asked still having her gun up and pointed to him. "Did I win." A voice said behind him, making Hyun Soo glare at the voice.

Y/n looked at Hyun Soo and wanting to defend her boyfriend (Which felt a little weird to say) she spoke up, "Hyun Soo is okay." She told everyone, she knew Hyun Soo the longest, he won't hurt a fly unless it was a threat.

The hooded figure walked out of the elevator and moved his hood a bit to reveal himself, Yi-kyeong pointed the gun at the unfamiliar face "Is that so?" he mumbled, then placing two fingers on the gun and pointing it down.

"Don't move." Sang Wook told him, making the two look at him as he still had his gun pointed at them, "You know, those things can't kill me." He told him. "Don't worry about it. I'll find a way to kill you when I need to." He informed him, Y/n looked at Hyun Soo, seeming like it wasn't the same one as she knew before, he was different, but she wasn't so sure if it was a good different of a bad different.

Y/n spoke up, "Hyun Soo..?" She said to him, "Are you okay?" She asked, worried. He looked at her dead in the eyes which seemed to soften but he didn't respond. "Come here quickly." Gib Sub told him, "Come here."

Hyun Soo didn't listen, instead he walked over to Sang Wook how slightly back up with his gun still pointed at him, "Put that away.." He said, "He saved my life." He told him, "Think about what they did." Seung-wan told him. When he said that, Y/n looked closely to see that it was indeed someone from the gangster squad, making her tighten her grip on the pipe, feeling unsafe.

Byeong-il spoke up, "Hyun Soo. He killed his own men. Do you trust him?" He asked but Hyun Soo interrupted, "Do you trust me?"

"He's just like me." He spoke, looking at Y/n, who shown softness in her eyes. Then he turned to Sang Wook, "So please put your guns down." He said.

Sang Wook listened to him, and lowered his weapon. Y/n saw the man with the hood smirk, making her gut feeling grow and her eyes squint.

~~

Hyun Soo walked down the hall, the same hallway that Sun-young was strangled by Hyun Soo. "I did it." Hyun Soo said. Yi-kyeong was still right in front of him, tearing up at the thought the Sun-young was still dead.

"I..." Hyun Soo started, taking in a deep breath. "Killed Ms. An." He said, seeming lost, in thought.

"I know you had no choice." Yi-kyeong told him, trying to assure him, "You waited till the end. She would've wanted that for you." She told him, not looking at him, then walked away.

Hyun Soo looked down at the blood, hearing footsteps behind him. Looking behind him he saw Y/n walking towards him with a sad and worried expression.

"Hyun Soo..." She started, her fingers seeming to be picking out blood from in between her finger nails. "Can we... talk?" She asked, putting her hands in her coat pockets now.

Hyun Soo nodded and continued to look at the girl he loves, something in his gut start to worry, but why? " Hyun Soo... I'll be straight with you." She started, trying to get to the point, "I don't trust Ui-myeong, something about him doesn't seem right, at all" She told him.

Hyun Soo looked down, "Is it because he's like me?" He asked, seeming to forget that Y/n was now like them.

Y/n shook her head and chuckled a bit, "Hyun Soo, I am like you... I have whatever this disease is and I don't like it." She said, "I don't trust him because he was with the gangsters team and then he killed them? Doesn't that seem fishy?" She asked him. He pushed Y/n's comment aside and came back with, "But he saved my life."

Y/n shook her head, she didn't want to fight him, she refused to fight him. " Hyun Soo... I love you, dearly. I support your decisions, but this one...." She started to lose her words, "Just don't get yourself hurt." She said, then walking closer to give him a peck on the cheek, then walking away.

Hyun Soo stood there, wishing Y/n would just be on his side for this.