Part One: Chapter Fourteen

Finding the book that Y/N was reading boring, she decided to come forward and tell the truth. "Eun Hyuk!" She called, spotting the familiar man. He turned to face the girl with his normal expression. "What can I help you with?" He asked, tone showing nothing but his own voice. Y/n took a deep breath and explained everything to him about her symptoms.

"..They haven't been anything bad lately only nose bleeds but something different happened when we went out to run those errands." She said, taking a pause, unsure how to explain it.

"What happened out there?" He asked. "Black eyes, un-human strength.." She said best why she could describe it. "How long have you been getting these symptoms?" Eun Hyuk asked, Y/n took a big deep breath, " After the garage event."

Eun Hyuk nodded, "You can still walk around free but if we get a report of you hurting anyone, you'll be thrown out. Understood?" Y/n was surprised by this, "No cage?"

"No cage."

Y/n was confused, "But why?" Eun Hyuk sighed and pushed his glasses up his nose, "You have not shown any sign of violence yet but your symptoms seem to be coming as a power to you. But, let me repeat myself. One act that is out of line that shows unnecessary violence, you will be thrown out." Y/n nodded understanding the conditions.

"Understood."

~~

Hyun Soo sat in the corner of a shop, rereading the letter Y/n gave to him before leaving. He had zero clue why but he just was. Feeling eyes on him, he looks up to see Yi-kyeong, he stared back confused.

Walking closer to him she grabbed his hand and slashed it across his hand, Hyun Soo groaned then looked up at the woman, "What are you doing?" He asked. She said nothing and yanked his palm to see the slash being healed.

"What was the first symptom you had?" She asked looking up at him now, "A nosebleed? Passing out?" Hyun Soo yanked back his hand away from her, "Tell me when it was exactly." Hyun Soo placed the letter back inside his pocket yet still confused by what she was asking for him, "What?"

"You have to remember." Looking at him with a serious face, "It was the day that you turned into a monster." She started to tear up, "I heard it speaks to you...Does It?"

Hyun looked at the woman then looked down, remembering all the things that.. dark side can say, how easily it can make you change your mind if you aren't careful enough. "Yeah." he replied.

"Be honest. Have you ever completely escaped from it?" Her tears build up, "You have? Tell me how." Hyun Soo just stared at her, speechless. She then aggressively grabbed him and shook him by the collar, "Come on, tell me how!" She yelled. They both stared at one another then Hyun Soo thought for a moment and shook his head, "I just wanted to live." 

Yi-Kyeong just looked at him helpless, letting him go from her grip. Backing up and slowly sitting down and putting her hands on her forehead, while Hyun Soo just sat there holding his hand that she slashed.

"Why are you doing this to me?" He asked wondering what he did for her to make slash him like that. "There were more people who tried to resist monsterization. The government carried out experiments on them..."She took a deep breath, "to find a way to stop this disaster." Hyun Soo was interested in all of it, making him interrupt her, "Were they...successful?" He asked.

Yi-Kyeong looked up to relieve she had  been crying, "Why don't you ask me what happened to the people who were used in the experiments?" she sighed then bowing her head, her arm now wrapping around her legs. "I ran into some soldiers. Actually, they caught me...." She then looked up to him, feeling guilty somehow, "I told them about you.." she confessed, "I..." still having tears in her eyes and trying to spit out the words. "wanted to live, too." then her tears escape, making them run down her cheeks while she looked down.

Hyun Soo was now just shocked.

~~

Heading to check on Ji Soo, Y/n saw Jae-heon already there. "Hello", she quietly said and sat across from him. "How long has she been out for?" Y/n asked while looking at her friend. "A few minutes after surgery began." He said.

Y/n nodded and thought about what happened when she was out there. She turned to Jae-heon and saw how he was still looking at Ji Soo, not taking his eyes off of Ji Soo, seemed very protective of him honestly.

Y/n quickly left the two alone, deciding on checking on Ji Soo later.

~~

Walking down the hall she spotted Hyun Soo, Eun Hyuk, and Eun Hyuk's younger sister Eun-yoo who was just leaving. She watched Eun-yoo leave then looked at the two boys clueless as to what happened, "What happened?" she asked Euh Hyuk, who just smirked and shocked his head before leaving the two alone.

Y/n looked at Hyun Soo confused, who just shrugged not knowing what the fuck happened too. "Hey, Y/n." He said, "Could you help me with something real quick?" He said looking at her eyes.

"Of course." She said with a smile. Hyun Soo loved seeing that smile, then stood up to tell her what his favor was.

~~

Y/n waited for him to get ready, scissors in hand. Seeing Hyun Soo come out, she slowly walked towards him. He looked at himself in the mirror first then down to the counter, "Are you sure about this?" She asked wanting to get his final approval before anything was made. He nodded.

Y/n thought for a moment then handed him the scissors, "You make the first cut, I follow and complete it for you." She said. Hyun Soo grabbed the scissors out of her hand, paused for a moment thing about his suicide attempt that happened back in high school. Pushing away the memory he made the cut and looked at it to see if he was satisfied with it, then gave it back to Y/n for her to finish.

Y/n started to cut it, making it shorter like how it was back before all of the bullying, her leaving, and when everything was... normal. With his hair falling on the bathroom counter and floor she continued to measure and cut his hair until it seemed just right.

Once she was done, she backed away to see if he approved of the cut or not. He smiled at it then looked at her, "Thank you." He said, then walked up to her and gave her a kiss, cupping her face slightly. Y/n gladly kissing back. 

Both left the bathroom to see Eun Hyuk looking for someone, "There you two are." He started, "We need the two of you and Sang Wook to take down the SOS sign, immediately."