Chapter 15: *Jude*

Pain.

It was all she had felt since Lock had stabbed her with that skewer.

And it isn't just physical pain that she feels as she lays there on the stone ground, it's mental pain that is causing her the most harm right now. The thought of her little one being dead before she even had the chance to bring it into the world broke her.

What was even worse was the blood that was coming out of the wound. Just the thought that it might be her childs brought tears to her eyes. I cradle my belly, my child hoping that this won't be our last moment together, but I know our fate is sealed. It doesn't change when I feel Cardan's arms wrap around my body nor when I let our eyes meet.

He's crying just like I am, his beautiful black eyes filled to the brim with tears. I cannot look at him much longer without breaking fully, without losing my sanity, so I look away. My head is too heavy to move, but my eyes aren't yet and when I move my gaze I am met with the beautiful sight of Locke being beaten up by the Roach, the Bomb and the Ghost who finally decided to show his face. And that is when my eyelids became heavy, my friends being the last thing I see before everything becomes black.

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

I gasp for breath as I awaken, my body is soaked in my sweat and my hair sticks to my forehead. My arms immediately wrap around my middle hoping that whatever just happened didn't. I let out a relieved sigh as I can feel the swell of my stomach protruding from my nightgown.

A few moments go by when I feel a watery liquid land on my hand, I look at it before my hand shakily raises itself to my face. When I touch one of my cheeks I can feel the tears that are falling down them.

It wasn't until I felt some movement beside me that I was pulled out of my state of shock. My eyes fell upon my husband's restless form. He too was covered in a layer of his own sweat. I wiped some of it away from his forehead with my sleeve, his hand shot up and grabbed onto my arm as I did so, I'll admit it gave me quite a scare. But it was all quickly forgiven at the sound of his voice; "Jude..." He whispered in his sleep, but it sounded so broken and when I saw a single tear fall down his face I couldn't stand the sight of his suffering any longer.

I wrapped my arms around his shivering frame trying to soothe him with my words and a sure embrace, hoping he'd wake up and hoping he didn't have the same dream... No, nightmare that I had. As strongly as I held onto him he started to hold onto me, one of his arms snaking around my middle, around my bulging belly. I would have found it adorable if it wasn't for the situation.

It took a long while, longer than I liked before he gasped awake, my name leaving his lips with a shout. I pulled him into me as far as was still possible with how close we had been in each other's embrace already.

As he seemed to calm down he finally noticed the arms which were wrapped around him. He lifted his head from my shoulder and our eyes met. There were tears in his eyes and I knew my eyes and expression mirrored his. He lifted his hand up and it wavered above my cheek like he was afraid I wasn't real. But when his skin finally touched mine so intimately I could see the spark return to his eyes.

And before I knew it I was on my back on our bed with him atop off me as he cradled my stomach with the hand that wasn't still on my cheek and he kissed me with so much passion and relief I couldn't help but let another tear fall down my face.

The little domestic moment was ruined by one of the guards who knocked on the door off our wing. "Your highness'..." He sounded almost scared to speak.

"What is it?!" Cardan grumbled out.

"Umh... We have a situation, or some unexpected guests if you may."