•||2- Meglos||•

"It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars

"It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."
- Richard Evans

Thank you for voting and commenting on this book. I am grateful that you gave this book a chance.

QQTD : Favorite color?

  ⚠️ Trigger warning : Mentions of assault, slavery, child abuse and blood.

Romania, House of Batiatus Slave Quarters

A loud scream echoed the walls of the rotten shell situated in the underground quarters of Lanista's house as a 5-year-old kid screamed in pain. The walls appeared smudged in the blood which looked dry. There was no death or suicide in the last few years which occurred around those small four walls.

The hot iron rod had a smaller coil for iron, The slave mark was imprinted on it. The white well-built gladiator held the little boy's arm in a firm grip as he placed the hot burning coil on his arm. The Mark of a gladiator, a new slave of the house Batiatus was added. Well, if we note correctly then he was a slave since he breathed for the first time but according to rules, the only good rule the savages followed was imprinting the symbol of the slave on a slave's hand when the slave turned 5. Birthdays were never joyous for the humans who were born in the grounds of Romania. The capital of gladiators.

The 5-year-old guy wept hard holding his burnt hand as no one came to apply medicine to the scar or comfort him. The same man who coined the mark on his arm dragged him carelessly to the other room. His screams grew louder as the pain increased due to the constant dragging. The pain intensified making him clench his eyes shut giving up the life he cursed. The man dragging the child grew annoyed at each passing step.

"You are not the first one to get a mark. Be a Man. Grow as a gladiator" The man snapped stuffing a dirty paper cloth in the kid's mouth muffling his screams.

The child helplessly half-slid walked along with the mighty man, tears falling continuously from his little green eyes. He knew he could faint anytime due to overexertion and pain embarked on his little body. But he stayed awake, he stayed awake staring at the ground sliding down his feet. He stayed awake glaring at the man who gave him this wound. He stayed awake allowing the hatred for the man who ordered to make him go through pain. He stayed awake to challenge the person he people called God. The moment the iron coil touched his hand he gave upon every ounce of belief he had in the stone sculpture people worshipped.