THREE

《︎𝘈𝘳𝘪𝘢 𝘎𝘳𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘯》︎

I'm pulled out of my sleeping trance by Four banging on a railing and flipping on the lights. Yep, definitely feel right at home. We sit up and look at him. "I want everyone in The Pit. Two minutes." He turns and leaves.

He really thinks that I'll be ready in two minutes? He's hilarious. I stuff my face in my pillow and groan. "Need an extra push, Ghost?" I hear Peter above me. I shrug my shoulders, keeping my face pressed in the pillow. Next thing I know I feel my bed tilt making me splat onto the concrete ground.

"Ow!" I exclaim. I look up to Peter.

He drops my bed. "You're welcome." He smiles smugly before turning to change his shirt. I slowly stand and change my clothes as well. We all then head to the pit to meet Four.

********************************************

"There are two stages of training. The first is physical. Push your bodies to the breaking point and you'll master the methods of combat. The second is mental. Again, breaking point. You'll face your worst fears and conquer them unless they get you first. You'll be trained separately from the Dauntless-born, but you'll be ranked together. After initiations, rankings will determine what jobs you move into. Leadership, guarding the fence, or keeping the Factionless from killing each other." Four looks to Eric.

"The rankings will also determine who gets cut."

"Cut?" Christina asks.

"At the end of each stage of training, the lowest-ranking Initiates will be leaving us." Eric explained.

"To do what?" A brown haired boy asks.

"There's no going home to your families, so you'd live factionless." He shrugs.

"Why didn't we know that?" The same boy asks.

Eric shrugs. "It's a new rule."

"That would've been nice to know." I mumble.

"Why? Would you have chosen differently?" Eric questions me. He must have super sonic hearing or something. "I mean, if that's the case, you might as well get out now. If you're really one of us, it won't matter to you that you might fail. Now you chose us. Now we get to choose you."

********************************************

I growl as I continue to miss the target. I lower the gun in my hands. I glance over at Tris, the ex abnegation girl, who was also failing miserably at this.

"Statistically speaking, the both of you should have hit the target at least once by now. Even by accident." An ex erudite boy says.

"That was very encouraging..." I give him a questioning look.

"Will." He smiles, giving his name. "You're welcome..."

I nod. "Aria."

"This is bad. I can't even shoot a non moving target." Tris mumbles.

"You'll get the hang of it eventually." Will reassures her.

"Unless you get cut before you're given the chance to prove yourself." I add. They turn and give me a look of disbelief. "Too Candor?" I ask. They nod.