Chapter 15: Singer.

Comenzar desde el principio

"I don't think it matters. It's better than screwing the biggest asshole in our class." He says and I glare at him before I take his hands off me.

I scoff.

"Wow." I exclaim. "Now, that was a low blow."

"Sorry, but it's true." He says and I stare at him.

"If you hate him so much, then why are you here with his girlfriend?" I ask him, folding my arms.

"Because his girlfriend is a lot more chill than he is. And she's pretty so that's a plus." He says and I roll my eyes at him.

"The sun is setting. Duty calls." I say before I stand up from the concrete slab we're sitting on.

"Whoa, hold on there tiger." Miles says, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Where do you think you're going?" He whispers in my ear.

There's no way this guy hasn't gotten laid before. His mannerisms say what his mouth won't.

"Work." I reply, pulling away from him. I grab my backpack from the floor and I start walking towards the gate of the skate park.

"Wait up, would ya?" Miles yells behind me and I ignore him.

I walk out of the park and start heading to the nearest bus stop. Miles slings his arm around my shoulder as we walk together.

"Are you auditioning for the talent show?" He asks me.

"What talent show?" I ask him.

"The school's organizing a talent show the week before homecoming." He tells me.

"I didn't know that. And no, I will not be auditioning." I tell him.

"Fair enough. I'll get to win it all by myself." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Don't make me audition for that stupid talent show, just so I can whoop your ass in real-time." I earn him.

"Oh please do. I would love to get my ass whopped in real-time." He pleas and I smack him.

***

"What do you think you're doing?" Aaron asks, standing beside me. I am currently, getting lunch.

"I'm getting lunch." I say, confused as I stare at him.

"You know they always serve us." He says, rolling his eyes at me.

"I know. I just wanted to get my own lunch today." I say, grabbing a plate of salad.

"How about you come over tonight." He says, wrapping his hand around my waist as he leads me to our table.

"I have a shit ton of homework." I tell him.

"Oh come on, my mother hasn't seen you in forever. She misses you." He says and I smile at him.

"Invite Aaliyah over. She's the one you're currently screwing." I mention.

"What did I say about bringing her up?" He says, glaring at me.

"Sorry." I say before I sit at the table. We're the first ones from the crew to arrive.

"All you have to do is keep to your end of the deal which you already agreed to and we're good. We can have the best senior year experience ever." He tells me and I nod.

This boy won't see me coming. I'll fucking end him.

"Sure. We're the perfect power couple after all." I quip, opening up the salad.

"You know it." He says, smiling. "I have to get to practice."

"Okay." I say, digging into my salad. Ignoring him completely.