He really had a good personality. He was easy to talk to and was a good listener, no matter how unrelated my topics were.

Usually, people who I hang out with find my job to be really boring. But Zecheriah asked questions and listened attentively.

Aside from that, he was a real gentleman. I appreciated that he wanted to pay for dinner last night, but when I declined and told him that I would be more comfortable to be splitting the bill, he respected it with no questions asked.

So, yeah.

Maybe my little crush just grew a little more too.

Shit.

A clicking of the door broke me out of my thoughts. I turned my head from where the sound came from and saw Zecheriah fresh out of the shower.

He hadn't looked up yet, since he was still tucking the towel that hung low on his hips.

And that small second, my eyes followed the droplets of water that dripped down from his muscular chest down to his abdomen, which had 8 packs leading to his defined v-line.

I decided to turn my head away, facing the ceiling once more like my face heated up.

His brown skin subtly glowed from the sunshine through the curtains.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were still sleeping," Zecheriah spoke.

"It's okay," I said fast, gulping down my awkwardness.

I'm really embarrassed because his body was just engraved inside my head.

"Your phone was ringing by the way," I informed him.

I heard him move and saw from the corner of my eye that he picked his phone up from the table.

"Oh, it's Dean," he said before I heard his footsteps go at the edge of the bed and peeked a little, seeing him gather his clothes off the bed.

I sat up, still not facing him. I looked all over the floor to find my bag.

It was beside the door.

I stood up in Zecheriah's plain shirt and bent down to get my bag when my forehead hit the doorknob.

"Fuck," I hissed, rubbing the spot.

"Are you okay?" Zecheriah rushed to me as I stood back up straight in pain.

"Yeah," I groaned. "I'm just really a magnet of misfortunate events."

"Don't you mean clumsy?" He asked with lightness in his tone, pulling my hand away from my head so he could inspect it.

I held my breath, so I couldn't inhale how good he smells. He smelled like vanilla with a hint of musk.

"Does this hurt?" Zecheriah lightly pressed on the spot.

"Why do you doctors have to always do that?" I flinched and hissed, "We dislocate arms, and you move it to ask if it hurts."

He laughed, throwing his head back.

"No, really. Why?" I glared at him. "Is it to rub it in our faces of the stupid decisions we make?"

"No. No," Zecheriah shook his head, still laughing. "God, Dahlia."

After his laughter decreased, he tended to massage the surrounded area of my forehead to lessen the tension.

And the tension was flying through my core, as the pad of his finger moved circularly against my skin.

I barely reach his collarbones, so I was face to face with his chest which are still bare.

"Good?" He asked, looking down at me.

I saw his pupils dilate a little.

It only realized how close we are.

I stared at his dark eyes before I lost control and wandered down to his lips.

"Yeah," I breathlessly replied as I shifted my eyes back to his. 

We both were frozen in our positions, and I could feel my throat closing on the confused feelings I feel at the moment.

Luckily, before Zecheriah could open his mouth, a knock on the door interrupted him.

"Zecheriah!" Dean's muffled voice shouted from outside.

Then, it was followed by the voices of Emmett, Coraline, and Lewis.

We both furrowed our brows in question.

Zecheriah managed to open the door since it was only an arm's length from both of us.

"What's wrong?" Zecheriah asked.

"Dahlia is missing in action..." Emmett frantically said before shifting his gaze upon me.

The three people with him gasped loudly, as their eyes widen while it went back and forth to Zecheriah and me.

"Because she's here getting action with you!" Emmett exclaimed in shock.

"Emmett!" I scolded him in horrification.

"So..." Dean said suggestively.

"What?" Zecheriah asked him.

"You guys..."

"Oh my god, no!" I yelled, my hand running down my face.

"Come on, there's no shame. I get it," Emmett teased.

"No, really. It's not like that," Zecheriah spoke up.

"Mhm," my best friend said. "Sure."

I groaned at him before my eyes landed on Coraline's neck.

"Excuse me," I lightly shove Dean out of the way to tilt Coraline's chin upwards.

"It worked," I grinned at Emmett, seeing the fresh subtle hickeys on her neck.

"Well, well," Emmett crossed his arms at his chest. "Look who we have here too."

Coraline began blushing while shaking her head.

"So, mission accomplished?" Dean asked hopefully.

"No," Lewis said.

"Well, half," Emmett replied. "Dahlia and Zecheriah you know."

"Emmett stop," I scowled at him before my eyes went to Zecheriah, who was leaning on the door frame with amusement on his face.

"And you," I spoke to him. "Need to dress. Your towel might fall off."

"Oh, please do," Emmett whined.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jun 18, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Valentine's Hart | SLOW UPDATESजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें