Chapter 3

Dahlia's POV

"Ok, so why are you complaining?" Emmett said with full-on sass.

Coraline let out a sigh as she placed down her drink. We were in La Parisienne for an afternoon meal when Coraline brought up her problems with his long-time boyfriend, Lewis.

"You know I get that he's busy. I mean, he owns one of the top businesses here in New York and probably the whole country, but I can't help but feel we're drifting apart."

"Why?" I asked.

Coraline frowned, "You know, it's been 3 months since he took me on a date. Then, whenever we're at home, he's always on his laptop despite promising to spend time with me. I'm not asking for too much, right? Cause honestly, I would have been fine even if he spared an hour for me."

"Does he know that you feel that way?" Emmett asked.

"No. I try to talk to him, but he unconsciously dismisses it. And right now, I feel like we're not even in a relationship anymore. We're both living our lives separately even though we're together," she let out a breath of frustration.

Emmett and I looked at each other and stood up behind Coraline to hug her. "Find time to sit down and talk. Remove all the distractions and be honest about your feelings," I advise her.

"I love him, you know. I really do, so much," she said, holding our arms that were around her shoulder.

"We never said that you don't. Just know that whatever happens, you have us," Emmett reassured her.

"Thank you, guys. I love you," she said.

"Aw, we love you too, our little Chun Lee," Emmett cooed. That had us laughing.

"Ok. So what's up with you guys?" Coraline asked as we broke apart and went back to our seats.

"Well," Emmett wiggled his brows at me

I rolled my eyes at him and drank my coffee.

"What? What's that?" Coraline looked at us.

"I'm going on a date tonight," Emmett finished.

"Oh, shit. Really? With who?"

"A guy named James," I said as I put down my cup and continued to eat my croissant.

"He sounds like trouble. James from where?" Coraline turned to Emmett.

Emmett rested one of his elbows on the table as he leaned his face on his hand and spoke dreamily, "Quite the opposite, actually. He's a gentleman. Trust me, he's great. Green eyes and Hispanic heritage. "

"Mhm, and that's what you said about Richard last week. And William the other week," I said absentmindedly.

"Let's not forget Xavier and Greg from last month," Coraline pitched in.