chapter 17

"jay was the one who shot me " she whispered barely making me year anything.

"Say that shit again" she told me the whole story and the whole time I just stated and blinked.

So many things happening and I ain't even noticed.

"I'mma kill his ass " she shook her head "no I understand why he would do something like that, I would've done the same shit if it was with you " that made me smile and shit I haven't smiled in a very long time.

"I got sum else " I nodded letting her continue, "I am moving" what? Excuse me?

"Say what? " I asked shocked "I am leaving and I am going to Florida"

"Oh " was all that left my lips "i- well I am happy for you this place not safe for u no more, sorry I ruined it for you " I looked down having a battle with the tears in my eyes

"Nah it's all good, I've actually always wanted to go to Florida but when I met u I just thought id go with u, u feel me " oh I would love to feel you right now.

Right, wrong timing

"Yeah I got it, I hope it all works out ma u deserve the best and I hope whoever gets u next don't make the same mistakes as me. " I told her and she put her head on the table and started sobbing.

"That's not how I wanted it to go, I want you to come with me " liah said making breK down

"You know I can't baby, I would love nothing more than to go with you I would love nothing more than to get with you for the rest of my life but unfortunately life doesn't always give you what u want " I intertwined her hand with mine.

"Lets go out" I pulled her up and we walked out of the restaurant heading to a beach, she sat on the sand and I sat in between her legs while she played with my locs.

It was very quiet and we just started there watching the sunset.

"I love you" she whispered in my eat, I look up at her and leaned in feeling her soft lips on mine " I love you too Taliah Mandouver "

________..

I watched as she walked in the house,

Feels so bad watching you walk away knowing that was the last time I would see you.

I got in my car and drove to my now home, it was called home hut it sure as hell didn't feel like it.

When I got in, I was faced with a very angry amara.
"Where were you, you didn't answer any of my calls or messages" I put my hand in her face tired of her Bullsshit.

"I am tired and I wanna go to sleep, can you please leave me alone with all ur constant whining and complaining,  shut the fuck up " I walked up the Stairs and laid in the guest room and eventually cried myself to sleep.

LIAH

I opened my laptop and checked my savings account and bought the apartment that was in Florida.

My new life was going to be there and I had a pretty good job.
I was working as an assistant in this big company which was playing 500 dollars a month.

Those jobs are hard to find so I'd say I got lucky.

I interviewed in a zoom meeting and the owner was so in need that he didn't really care and just give me the job

Only rules were, dress nice, which I would anyway ,be on time, alwyays, no disrespect, I don't know about that one.

Knock knock

"Yeah? " I closed my laptop and the door opened revealing Nia.

"Hey how are you feeling " she asked and walked in sitting at the edge of my bed.

Okay make yourself comfortable I guess.

"I am good, I just need to change the bandage " which I stood and walked to my bathroom lifting my shirt up and staying in a bra.

"I need to. Tell you something " I ripped the old bandage off and cleaned the wound with alcohol making me wince.

See what ur bf did to me you dumbfuck

"Wsp " I said and continued cleaning it and then applying the new bandage on it.

"I am pregnant" act shock, act shock.

I laughed and stared at her "u serious" I am so good at this

"Yeah and it's jays baby but I think he dipped after I told him and I don't think he wasn't the baby anymore, I knew I shouldn't have told him about the miscarriage."
Poor baby if only you knew

"Don't over think it, wait until tomorrow, wait and see if he pops up, maybe he needed a little of time to process it. " she nodded and frowned.

"I have another question for you " oh god.

"Yeah " I pulled my shirt over my head and took off my jeans putting on shorts, "do you still not remember who shot you " I stopped all moments and regained my composure.

"Nope, i am trying to see if I can get anything to pop up but nothing is coming up " she nodded understandint.

"Whoever did that should pay and I promise you karmas a bitch and will definitely hiy them hard, I know it was Amara or someone who works with her, I can't believe she would come for you " she patted my back and walked out.

I can't believe ur bf shot me,

I laid in my bed and grabbed a book and tried reading it but my mind went back to kisha, I couldn't just leave and let her get abused.

Maybe I should try to help her.

I really do love her and I don't think us being together would work but it doesn't mean I shouldn't help her out and maybe we won't be together anymore.

Maybe we will.

If were meant to be we will find each someday.

I don't really like Nia anymore, I mean I know maybe she didn't know what happened but I just can't help the feeling that maybe she did.

A/n : the start had me crying but the end has me mad, ps I don't really like this book so I am sorry 😭lmao and it's almost over