As the ceremony ends, the Dauntless leader calls us to follow. I walk with the group, my steps growing more confident with each stride. The cityscape blurs around me, my mind focused on what lies ahead. Adrien's threats and control behind me now.

I am dauntless.

"Come on! Let's go!" We run through the streets. I don't know where we're going. Anywhere is better than where I'd come from though. The Dauntless start climbing some railing up to the train tracks.

As I've mentioned before I'm not the strongest person. This may be more difficult than I'd thought. But I start climbing. When I reach the top I just about fall right off. A set of arms balance me.

"Watch it there Ghost." Peter. For once I'm happy to see him. "You've only been in Dauntless for five minutes. Don't want to get taken out already do ya?" I shake my head. Peter smirks and releases me, and I can't help but feel a small wave of gratitude despite his usual obnoxiousness.

A train approaches. I follow as everyone starts running along side it. Some start jumping onto the train."Keep up, Ghost!" Peter calls over his shoulder. I grit my teeth and push myself harder, determined not to fall behind. I sprint alongside the train, my breath coming in ragged gasps. Peter reaches out and grabs the edge of the door, pulling himself inside effortlessly. I follow his lead, my fingers barely catching the edge. Peter holds an arm out. I grab it and he yanks me in, just in time too. I collapse onto the floor with a huff.

"Geez Ghost. I can't pull all your weight around here." He huffs. Was that a joke?

"Sorry." I try to catch my breath.

His eyes widen. "Wow she speaks."

I roll my eyes, panting. "Shut up."

"No I don't think I will. Besides you owe me. I saved you twice, in one day." He remarks.

"Wow that's record breaking isn't it?" I reply sarcastically. This is probably the most I've said to him. His lips turn up as he smirks but just for a split second.

"Get ready!" A woman yells.

For what?

I look out the door and see the Leaders jumping from the train onto a roof top. "They're jumping." I mumble.

"What if you don't jump?" Al nudges Peter.

"What do you think?" Peter scoffs. "You'll be factionless. Good luck, Al." He pats his back.

This is crazy. They expect me to just jump off a moving train.

Strong, Brave, Fearless.

I back up and take a breath in. When the rooftop is lined up with my door. I run and jump, luckily I make it. I grunt as I roll across the gravel. As if my body didn't hurt enough. I slowly bring myself to my feet. I hobble my way to the group as they form around the leaders.

"All right, listen up! I'm Eric. I'm one of your leaders. If you want to enter Dauntless, this is the way in." He steps away and shows a big gapping hole. What the heck. "And if you don't have the guts to jump, then you don't belong in Dauntless."

"Is there water at the bottom or something?" A brown haired boy drops his raised hand.

Eric shrugs."I guess you'll find out. Or not."

"We just jumped. They want us to jump again?" I look over my shoulder and see Christina. She used to be Candor.

"Someone's gotta go first. Who's it gonna be?" Eric asks. The crowd stays silent. I am definitely not jumping first.