Chapter 23: "Your free trial has ended".

Start from the beginning

Delai sighed before walking away from the window to sit beside me. "I'll tell you, so you don't go poking your head in the wrong places". "However, you must not tell anyone about it. Okay?" Delai added with a more serious tone.

"O-okay" I muttered

"Good. I work for the secret Minervan police" Delai said

"What the-" I said, with disbelief in my tone. The secret Minervan police were definitely the second most mysterious thing after the lights in Minerva. When humans landed on Minerva, they didn't get along. There were occasional fights between humans of different regions, regions from Earth.

So, a man named Trybus, decided to separate them into different continents on Minerva. They were all independent continents, with their own governments for each race of humans. However, they were still subordinates to the central Minervan government, which was on the central continent, or neutral ground.

However, there were still rebellions from the other continents, rebellions against the central government. This made the central government form the Secret Minervan Police. This branch of the government was meant for only one thing- maintain allegiance to the central government and protect the peace of the planet by any means necessary and they fulfilled that duty numerous times. They had toppled, and destroyed rebellious governments, instilling fear in the continents. Nobody knew who they were, nobody even wanted to know who they were, it was grave information to behold.

"Woahhh Delai! That's amazing!" I said in excitement.

"Yeah whatever. Don't tell anyone about this or we will have to kill you and the recipients of your information and trust me, we always know" Delai said in a serious tone.

"What do you take me for Delai? Not even Redbridge would tell someone he knows someone from the SMP!" I said with an amused tone

"Okay good. Get well soon" Delai said and in a second, she was out of the window almost as if she was running from something.

"Why does she always leave like that?" I muttered

I spent the next few minutes watching some weird reality show of a principal. It was definitely not what I liked to watch in my free time but it was the only channel that wasn't casting the news.

"It seems you are getting better Iya" a familiar voice said by the door.

"M-Mr. Redbridge! Sir!" I spurted out in surprise.

"Can I come in?" He said, standing oddly by the door.

"Yes, you can sir" I said with a lighter tone.

"I spoke to the doctor, he spoke of your efforts towards a quick recovery" Redbridge said picking a seat beside the window. "I must commend you for that Iya" Redbridge added, before sitting beside my bed.

"Th-Thank you sir" I said, trying to hide the excitement in my tone.

"You're most welcome Iya" Redbridge said. "I am here to talk about your resumption to the academy" Redbridge added with a more serious tone.

"What about it, sir?" I said with concern in my tone.

"Your doctor says you are at the point that you can leave the hospital, any other treatments or therapies would be administered in the academy" Redbridge said

"Based on this development, I expect you to resume on August 20th". "Would this be a problem?" Redbridge added with a more serious tone.

"Not at all sir" I replied, trying to hide the shudder in my tone.

"I thought as much" he said with a smile.

"Try to get your affairs in order, say your goodbyes because you won't be allowed to make calls for the first 1 year. RMA protocols" he added before returning the chair to where he found it, the exact way it was.

"Damn! This dude freaks me out" I thought, watching him carefully place the chair.

"Thanks for your time, Iya, I'll see you in soon" He said with a smile, a smile that suggested "you better be there Iya".

"Th-thank you sir" I barely muttered before he left the room.

"Well, it seems my free trial is over" I muttered, staring at the window.

.

.

.

.

What are your thoughts on this chapter? What do you think of Delai? Keep those comments coming in!!!

If you loved this chapter, please consider voting for it (by clicking on the star)

Thanks for reading!!!