chapter 07

y/n's pov

I laid in bed with Grant by my side. "mama" Grant called. "yes baby" I looked down to him. "can you and daddy be together again?"

my baby smiled up to me. "I don't know my love. Just watch your show" I kissed his head and sat up. Grayson walked in and

set a plate of food down on my table. "I can care for myself Grayson" I rolled my eyes.

"I know you don't want me here or around our son but I want to take care of you both" he sighed.

"I've cared for him for almost three years alone, I'm sure I can take care of us by myself" I was annoyed.

"Well I'm not leaving" he shrugged and placed the food in front of me and walked out with Grant in his hands. Such a dick.

-------

I had to stay in bed for a month, today the doctor said I can finally get out of bed and go outside.

"are you serious?" I looked at Grayson with a smug look. "you thought he meant you could walk outside?" He chuckled

while bringing the wheel chair up to me. "I am not getting in that stupid thing" I fought.

"fine stay in bed then" he turned around and walked away "okay fine!" I shout. Grayson walked back to me and helped me onto

the wheelchair. "this is so pathetic" I covered my face in shame. "don't be ashamed, you look good in a wheelchair"

I rolled my eyes and looked down to my phone. we made it outside. "see its not so bad" he said.

**************

we spent the whole day outside. Grayson made us lunch while Ethan looked after Grant.

"So how have you been?" Grayson asked. I gave him a 'are you serious look' "really?" I chuckled.

"Grayson I'm going to be honest with you. I love you but not in the way that you want me to. I love that you

Sacrificed your life for us but you didn't have to leave for all those years. You've put me through so much mentally

I can't blame this all on you but I can't stand having you here. I don't want to fall for you again knowing that you'll leave once more" a tear slipped out.

He knelt down and took my hands in his "I will never leave you again my love and I know you hate me for leaving you and I'm so sorry

That you had to raise our child alone but I'm here now and I want us to be a family again and I want to spend every waking moment helping you raise our child" he kissed my cheek.

"Grayson I can't be with you just like that. You have to give me some time. You can look after Grant but I just can't be with you right now" I cried.

"I completely understand what your saying. As long as I can see you and our son I'm happy" he smiled.

"Okay" I sniffled.

——

After I got all of that off my chest I was clam and happy, I'll let the past be the past but I told Grayson nothing like this will happen again.

He agreed and held back on the gang stuff. Today we'd take grant to the park with Lilith, Ethan and the kids.

"Hey y/n you ready?" Grayson asked. "Yeah" I picked Grant up and we all walked to the car.

Grayson buckled him in and we drove down to the park.

"Wow look at you both. Such a beautiful family" Ethan joked as Grayson held everything and I held Grant.

"Shut it Dolan" I shot Ethan a look and he chuckled. "Mommy I play" Grant tugged at my hand.

"Go for it" I let him go and he ran up to Gabe, they ran to the slide. "I'm gonna go watch them" Grayson smiled and ran over to the play ground

"Same!" Ethan ran after Grayson. "I swear I don't know who's the actual child sometimes" Lilith laughed

I joined in. I looked down to her two month old. "Can I?" I pointed to the baby. "Yes please take her" she gently put her in my hands.

"Thank you" she sighed in relief. "My back feels so much better" he smiled. "Hello Ms Sophia" I rubbed

Her cheek and laid a kiss on her head. I looked to Lilith who was smirking at me "what?" I gave her a confused look.

"I know you want another one" she smirked. "Oh shut up" I nervously giggled. "I do miss Grant being this small" I looked down to baby Sophia

And rocked her ever so gently. I looked to Grayson who was going down the slide with Grant.

"Do you think we're moving to fast?" I asked Lilith. "No not at all. I mean he is Grants father after all and

Now that he's back he wants to be in Grants life. I know you still love him and have feelings for him but it takes time to get back to that stage"

She was right I did still love Grayson but it was going to take some time. "I mean hooking up isn't necessarily getting back together" she shrugged

"Lilith!" I giggled. That was technically true. "We'll see about that" I winked. Grant ran up to me

And so did everyone else. "You hungry baby?" I smiled. "Yes mama" he said. "Gray there's food in the lunch bag can you take it out?" I asked.

"No problem" we all sat on the picnic table and ate lunch. Grayson sat next to me and Grant sat in his lap.

I held into Sophia so Lilith could catch a break. "She's so beautiful" Grayson smiled. "You can hold her"

Lilith gestured "you sure?" He asked. They both nodded. I gently handed the baby over to Grayson and made him support her head.

"I wish I could of seen Grant like this" he smiled down to the cute little baby who fell asleep in his arms.

"I can't get her to sleep ever and she just knocked out like that?" Lilith rolled her eyes.

Gray and I both chuckled. "Mama can I sleep over uncle Es house?" Grant begged. "I don't know is it okay with you guys?" I looked over

To Ethan. "Yeah for sure" Ethan smiled.

-

We packed up and left Grant with Ethan and Lilith since he had extra clothes at his house.