Vol 3 Chapter 4: Monster and Angel

"YUUICHI!" A familiar voice called out.

"Shiho? You're finally here." The boy smiled, stretching his arms out so she could jump into them.

"Sorry for being late, I had to do a few things before I came." She apologised, jumping into his arms.

"It's all good, it was funny seeing you run in such a panic though." He chuckled, separating from the girl to see her reaction. "Ha, your face is priceless."

"Next time I won't run, I'll walk." Shiho pouted, turning around so he couldn't see her face.

"Crawl you mean." He cheekily corrected her, gaining a soft kick to the stomach, which still floored him.

"Now look who's crawling." She teased him, placing her foot on his back. "Now Mr Katagiri, would you like to take me to our first spot for the day?" She asked him with her foot firmly on his back.

"Yes, I will." He answered, sighing in relief when she released him. Once he was back on his feet, he brushed himself off and then grabbed her hand. "Our first destination is the arcade, but before we go, I want to make a bet with you."

"And what's the bet?" She wondered, getting excited at what it could be.

"Whoever loses the most games has to pay for everything else for the rest of the day." He offered to which she accepted without hesitation.

"Deal." She proudly accepted, confident in her ability to beat Yuuichi.

"Alright, then I guess we'll be on our way then," Katagiri smirked, taking her to the arcade. When they arrived, both of them were shocked at the size of the arcade.

"This school doesn't know how to hold back do they?" Shiho muttered to herself.

"You can say that again." Yuuichi agreed, sharing the same consensus.

"Yuuichi look, let's go on that machine." The machine was a motorbike racing game, it looked interesting to Yuuichi since he's found motorbikes interesting.

"Yeah, let's play that." He agreed, paying for his motorbike and Shiho paying for hers.

(3.2)

Hours had passed and they had finished their exploration of the arcade, they had played many games. To list a few: Basketball, Hockey and a zombie shooter. In the end, though, there could only be one winner of their bet and the winner was.

"Ha Yuuichi, you're terrible at games. I beat you at practically every game." Sawaragi boasted, flexing her noodleceps (small biceps).

"You cheated," Katagiri swore, in denial in defeat.

"Being a sore loser are we?" She continued to tease, irritating the boy further.

"No, I'm being deadly serious." He doubled down.

"Yeah yeah whatever, I'm hungry, why don't we get something to eat?" She asked him.

"You wouldn't be hungry right now if you were the one paying," Yuuichi complained.

"Oh absolutely, but that didn't happen did it? Yuu-i-chi." She said while poking his cheek.

"Oh well, a bet is a bet." He sighed, going on his phone to find the nearest café.

"You know what's even better? It's the fact I came out richer and with cool glasses." She flaunted.

"Whatever." Yuuichi rolled his eyes, finding a café nearby. As they began to make their way there, he was texted by a certain someone. "Kikyo?" He whispered looking at his phone. When he opened his phone he was greeted with a picture of her in the t-shirt he gave her the day before. Along with it, there was a message attached to it, which read.