Chapter 78 || Belamour

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Do you who I am"? "Chitti", Nidra looked at Ruthira for confirmation. "Aww, she remembers me", Aaradhana hugged her.
(Mother's younger sister)

"Nidu, this is Thatha", Ruthira pointed to Harikrishnan. "Thatha is there", Nidra extended her hands to Mohanraj.

"I am Thatha and that is big Thatha", Mohanraj explained while taking her in his arms. "Oh", she bobbed her head back and forth.

"That is my mother, your big Paati", Mohanraj said, pointing to the picture on the wall. Mohanraj's mother had passed away a year ago in her sleep.

It wasn't hard for her family to take the news as she was already very old and they knew she was going to join her late husband soon.

During her funeral, Brinda told Ruthira to not bring Nidra along as she was not even 1. Thus, they left her with Maitra and Shaswat.

"Come pray to her", Nidra clasped her hands together on Brinda's instruction. "Aaru"! Ruthira closed her eyes in irritation, who even called her here.

"Hi Athai", she unwantedly greeted Vani. "Hi", Elakiya hugged her. "Hello", this time Ruthira greeted with full intention.

"So... she's the one", Vani side eyed Nidra who was busy drinking her milk. "What do you mean", Rudra asked. "She's the one who y'all adopted", Vani added.

"Yes, but we will appreciate it if you acknowledge her as just our daughter. No need for that word", Ruthira snapped.

"Hmmm", Vani hummed, twisting her lips to the side. "Where's Sarath", Mohanraj questioned. "Sarath is meeting his fiancée today. She's an American girl. A doctor also", she boasted looking at Ruthira.

"Did she seriously think I'll be jealous", Ruthira whispered softly to Aaruna. "This woman has always been a headache. Wonder how Elakiya handles her", Aaruna mumbled.

"Amma hungry", Nidra whined. "Okay okay! My great granddaughter is hungry. Let's eat. Come", Harikrishnan announced.

=====

Aaradhana and Nidra were playing the Xbox when Arun came, demanding to play. "Mama wait, Nidu first", Nidra said as she focused on pressing the random buttons on the remote.

"Oh hello, I bought this Xbox. One of y'all better move", he said. "Anneh, just a few more minutes", Aaradhana pleaded and he agreed.

"Why must he wait"! The three of them saw a furious Vani approaching them. "Get up", she snapped at Nidra who was confused.

"GET UP"! Nidra flinched and sprang up from her seat immediately. Tears welled up in her eyes as her lips quivered. "Perima avala edukku thiduringa", Arun came to her defence.
(Why are you scolding her)

"This brat doesn't belong here and she's making others wait. Eh, this is not your place to order us, understand! You are some charity case that two people decided to help.

Know your limit and behave. Or else I will send you to some unknown place", Vani gritted her teeth and slapped Nidra.

"PERIMA"! "Shut up, Aaradhana"!

"WAAH WAAH"!

=====

Ruthira was in the kitchen cooking with Nila, Brinda and Kamala. Harikrishnan and Mohanraj were in the backyard while Rudra, Prabhu, Adhi and Aran had gone for a walk. Aaruna was resting in her room as she was pregnant.

"What's the screaming outside", Brinda questioned while cutting the potatoes. "Must be Aaradhana and Nidra, they were playing some games", Kamala mumbled throwing the tomatoes into the pot.