Chapter 36 || Two steps away

Roy Chowdhury House

Roy Chowdhury House

"Here comes my bride", Rudra hugged Ruthira tightly infront of everyone when she entered the house with her family. "Ahem", Mohanraj cleared his throat.

Rudra immediately left her, who on the other hand was blushing. "Have y'all brought your outfits for the rest of the day", Maitra asked.

It was Ruthira's Mehendi ceremony today. According to her family customs, after the haldi ceremony, the bride and the groom were to not meet until the wedding strictly.

Thus, there were some changes in the arrangement of the programmes. Mehendi was first, followed by Sangeet and then the haldi ceremony. 

"Yes, we did", Nila replied hugging Yeshna. "Come, let's have breakfast and about four we can start getting ready", Shaswat said.

=====

Henna Ceremony

Relatives from both sides of the families were pouring in as the clock hit 6 in the evening

Relatives from both sides of the families were pouring in as the clock hit 6 in the evening. "Neel, what are you doing here", Maitra twisted Rudra's ears.

She had caught him trying to sneak inside Yeshna's room where Ruthira was getting ready. "Go down", she shoved him aside and went inside the room.

"My daughter looks so beautiful", Maitra gasped. "I know right! The bridal glow is showing on her face", Yeshna took selfies with her.

"Bring her down in 10 minutes. Brinda ji, Shaswat's parents are downstairs, they want to meet you". "Oh sure", Brinda went out with Maitra.

After all the touch ups, Ruthira was brought down. As she walked to the backyard, she could hear the guests mummering. She sat in the canopy that was made for her.

They started the celebration. There were a handful of men who had settled down in the living room while the ladies got their mehendi.

"Aaru, this is Neel's paternal grandparents", Maitra introduced them. "Namasthe", Ruthira got up and touched their feet. "Bless you", both of them touched her head. "Such a beautiful girl, our Neel had found. How are you, dear", Rudra's grandmother asked.