|| 111 || Queenpins 🔱💀 O/F

Start from the beginning

"I think I remember something about Shark needing some extra cash," They chuckled, turning to the two other shrimp behind them as they nodded. The trio shared a look between themselves, all while you felt your fear slowly rising. In your mind, you tried to reason that these were normal people. Outside of gang hours, they probably had normal lives. Like, the dude in front of you could have a wife and kids and joining Gura's gang could've been the only way he could get money. Or he could be a jackass that enjoyed bullying people. One of two.

Either way, you couldn't really see a way out of this situation without being bullied out of your month's paycheque, groceries and possibly one of your limbs without some severe deus ex machina.

And that deus ex machina came in the form of a small, blue powerhouse dual-wielding pistols at a frightening speed.

With a mighty 'hoocha!' the first shrimp was knocked over and out cold. The other two raised their axes in retaliation, but upon being met with the twin barrels of Left and Right (Gura's guns. She named in accordance to which hand she uses but often forgot which was which).

The two shrimps looked at each other before fleeing the scene, apologies spewing from their mouths without a second thought.

Finally, a moment to breathe.

"Y'alright?" The Atlantean moseyed her way over to you, a slight swagger in her step as she gave you a lazy smile.

"My pride's a little bruised along with my groceries, but I think I'll live," You returned the look, motioning to the food and household items that were scattered around the alley like pieces of lego.

The shark tutted as she switched the safety on, holstering her two weapons before hiding them in her overcoat.

"Say, don't think I've seen you 'round here," She flashed you a smirk as she flirted. "I think I would remember someone who looks as good as you do."

"Oh, you flatter me, Sharky. But I'm sorry to say I am taken," The shark tutted at your response, looking downcast for a second before a grin spread across her face again.

"Well, whoever they are, they sure are lucky to have someone like you," The two of you started walking back in the direction of the store.

"Aw shucks, you flatter me," You paused for a moment, "in fact, one of 'em looks suspiciously like you, y'know? Same hair, same eyes, same smug grin," You counted the similarities on your fingers.

"She's even as small as you are, too. Not even tall enough to sit outside of a booster seat*," Gura playfully punched your arm, her tail lashing behind her as the two of you shared a laugh. 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The cool air of the supermarket was a stark difference from the summer-like heat outside. You and Gura breathed a sigh of relief as you snagged a cart. Gura insisted on riding in it like a child, her tail wagging back and forth happily as you carted her around.

It was only as you passed by the liquor aisle did Gura's tail stop and her eyes narrowed. She still had an overly excited and giddy smile on her face, though.

You paused and peered around to see who or what had caught her attention. Immediately, you felt a similar smile growing on your own face.

Waist-length hair looked rather messy, like she'd gone on another three-day work bender and had only seen the light of day about an hour ago. She wore her usual getup; a dark shirt, dark suit pants and her overcoat that reached the back of her knees.