Chapter 3- Lost and Found

Beginne am Anfang

I felt desire not only come back but get stronger as I watched her move that day, smiling and talking with the other guests, playing and being silly with the children, laughing with my friends like she'd known them for years

I felt desire not only come back but get stronger as I watched her move that day, smiling and talking with the other guests, playing and being silly with the children, laughing with my friends like she'd known them for years. This was quickly moving way past craving her body...I wanted her in ways I hadn't wanted any woman in years and not just for a one-night stand.

Fuck...this is bad.

***

"Okay, yes, that's fine. I've already had the contracts overnighted to your offices. Have the girls glance things over and if it looks suitable, we can schedule a meeting to get them signed," I said mindlessly into my phone, my eyes on the road as I drove home.

"Of course, Mr. Min, I'll look forward to their arrival," said the man on the other end of the call. "I have to say I was surprised to be working with you directly with this. I expected to deal with Miss Lee."

"Well, she's Mrs. Kim-Park now," I said, referring to Hana. "And she's actually on her honeymoon so I'm handling things while she's away. When she comes back she will be your point of contact."

"Oh, well that's nice. Please extend my best wishes to her, and I will be looking out for those contracts tomorrow. Have a good evening," he said.

"You as well," I replied before ending the call. I continued my drive, enjoying the quiet of the night as I drove through the streets of Seoul towards home.

It had been a busy week since the wedding and honestly that's the way I'd preferred it. With Hana on her honeymoon, I'd stepped in to oversee business at MYG in her absence and it had definitely been the distraction I needed. It had given me the opportunity to purge the idea of pursuing Sage in any way other than friendship from my mind.

It would never work between us. Despite the fact that we had found a way to get along, the fact was that she hated me. I'd left a bad impression on her the first time we met and even though I'd tried to be polite after that she never saw me as anything more than an arrogant jerk. No matter how confident I was in myself I knew deep down she'd never agree to give me a fair chance with her, even if we were just friends.

I was about to find out in a big way how very wrong I was.

As I drove through a residential neighborhood, I saw a traffic light in the distance changing from green to yellow. I knew I'd need to stop because it'd be red before I made it through the cross section so I began to slow down. Just as I was coming to a stop something near the sidewalk caught my attention. I looked over and saw someone sitting in the grass, holding their knee, someone small...like a child.

Odd, I thought to myself. There's no way a little kid would be out near the street after 9pm, and alone for that matter. However, I quickly realized that not only was it indeed a little boy, but he was crying hysterically and gripping his knee as if he'd been injured.