chapt 36 • Distractions

Start from the beginning

She assured me she'd make it quick, my mind then drifted off to how memorizing she looked sitting on my lap in the jacuzzi.

How damp her hair was when she'd lean her head back, or the wetness of her eyelashes when she finished her shower. How I was completely frozen when she walked out of my bathroom with nothing but a white towel.

When I got to my room, my bag hit the floor and I began to grow hot. Even on a chilly day, my body's temperature rose because of her.

It wasn't easy to get my mind to think of something other than Honey. Her smile invaded my head the most, especially the smile that appeared on her unexplainably sharp and enticing features when she knew she had succeeded to get me speechless.

I always found trouble putting words and sentences together around her.

I never knew I could stutter so much.

Most of the time when I'd think about how stupid I might've looked just staring at her, completely dumbfounded, I would grow embarrassed and think about it for the entire day.

I opened up one of the books she left me, this wasn't going to be the best plan to get her off of my mind, and then I came to the conclusion.

I didn't want to get her off my mind.

How in the world did I get stuck doing this?

Jaxon was taking his sweet time shopping for clothes which mainly consisted of black shirts that were a size bigger for him and dark-colored pants, mainly black.

I rolled my eyes so much today, that they probably would be stuck by the end of the day.

"We're stuck with each other for a couple more hours, you can't stand there and glare at me like you don't like me" He kept his arm propped up on the rack of clothes next to me.

"I don't like you, and we wouldn't be if you'd hurry up" I shove the shirts he handed me randomly into his chest and he only smiled.

"Where's your favorite? Your tattoo" He puts the clothes in the basket and walks into the checkout line.

"In places that aren't for you to see" He hands the cashier a card that obviously isn't his.

"Then who's the lucky person who gets to see them? Because I would be more than happy to take their place" He gives me a wink and takes the bag and we walk out of the store.

"None of your business, are you done yet?" I should've never asked because he only kept walking in the opposite direction of the academy.

This time we walked into an ice cream parlor, again he took out the card and told me what kind I wanted.

"Don't tell me you don't like ice cream" He took his ice cream cone and waved it in my face.

"We've gone into almost every store, how do you still have money to spend" He chose cookie dough for me, instead of a cone he told the man to put it in one of the pink decorative bowls.