Cabin

POV: Hayley 

He held my hand and lead me to the office. He was suddenly tense, I thought solving things with Richard would relieve him. 

He opened the door and I walked in and turned to see him locking the door shut. "Sit down." He said and went to his desk. 
"Is something wrong?" I asked, grabbing his arm. He sighed and then sat on his chair. I sat in front of him. 

"I found something that I thought might lead to you." I listened, nodding in response. "This." He showed a pen drive and plugged it into his laptop. "Belonged to the other man who schemed with Xavier." 

I sighed nervously and led forward, being interested. "Who? I mean who are those men?" I asked. 
"Randyll and..." He responded. "Remember the guy who was killed when we went to check the warehouse once? After the explosion?" I nodded in response. 

"I do. What is it tho?" I asked, pointing at the pen drive. 
"It's an email that happened between Randyll and Santiago, the other guy." He said and sighed, tapping on the laptop. 

"I tried to get more info from that man who was with you when we found-" 
"Dimitri?" I asked him in shock. How did I completely forget about him? How did I not fucking notice his absence? "Where is he?" 

"Why?" He asked me. 
"Did you hurt him?" I asked. I know him well enough to know that he would've killed Dimitri if he wasn't important to him right now. 
"Hayley-" 

"Dona, answer me!" I said. 
"He is being kept at the warehouse." He said no more. 
"Bring him back here," I said, standing up and walking over to him. "I will explain to you later but bring him back here. He did not hurt me." 

"We will see about that later. First, you need to read this." He said and turned the laptop towards me. I took a deep sigh and read through the email. 

****The email**** 

"From what I know, I heard Xavier talking to someone about this girl, Hayley. He said that Marcus lied about everything. Hayley was Marcus' only child...Xavier was never his child. His wife had an affair and had Xavier and his twin sister with another man. While Marcus had a daughter with a prostitute...Hayley. Xavier found this out soon after She was named the next leader. Now he wants revenge for this. He will soon take her back, I need your help with it. I'll pay you. Meet me on Sunday."

POV: Donato 

I watched her, awaiting a dreadful outcome. She was going to be broken after reading the email. I know that she loved Marcus like a father she never had but there would've always been a void in her that reminded her that she was as good as an orphan, growing up. 

"This-This can't be" She started to speak as she only went to a few lines. 
"Read all of it," I said. Her tone became softer, I could sense the lump in her throat as she tried to already reject it. 

She looked at me, devastated with tears welling her eyes up. "You want me to believe this bullshit?" She said and put the laptop down on the desk. "You want me to fucking believe that all my life I was being fooled?!" She raised her voice at me. 

"I don't want you to believe it, that depends on you." I sighed, closing the laptop. "Just think how would someone have enough time to come up with specific details about your birth?" 

"I don't fucking believe it!!" She shouted as she stood up. 
"Amore-"
"No! NO! I trusted Marcus the most! He would never play with me like that!" 

"You told me yourself your mom was a prostitute," I said, trying to make it make sense to her. 
"You don't understand!" She said and walked away. Then turned towards me with tears running down her cheeks. "He loved his wife. Everyone knew that!"