Abuse

POV: Donato

The chit fell down from her hand as her body became tense. I observed her as she stared at the fallen chit. Is she crying? I got up and walked to her. "Who is it?" I asked her, still keeping my eyes on her.

"It...Xa-" She said in a low tone then suddenly started coughing. So this is bothering her. I got her a glass of water and gave it to her. She took it and drank the water slowly. She is panicking, it's hitting her. That fear is apparent on her face.

I got down to her level and kept my eyes fixed on her. "Who's number is this, Hayley?"

"I don't kno-"

"Hayley, don't you dare lie right now!" I shouted and she flinched. My voice wasn't even that loud. Now I don't give a fuck, I wanna know what this is about. "Who was it?" I stood up and asked her. She didn't answer me but wiped her eyes. "Hayley-"

"It was Xavier Perez."

"Xavier wh-Hayley, sit the fuck down!" I shouted at her as she got up and walked to the door. I went after her and pulled her back by her hand.

"Donato, please." She glanced back at me, with her red eyes, filled with tears. I let go of her hand. She was crying silently all the time. She walked out of the door and stormed towards the terrace.

Call it shit but I knew better than to leave her alone right now, that too on the terrace. I wore a jacket and went after her.

POV: Hayley

I got to the terrace and stood near the railing. Holding back my cries made my throat feel hard, I wanted to puke everything out. Why again? I don't want that ever again. If he comes here, It will be the end of me.

Every scenario was triggering right now. I remembered everything. The abuse, the slurs, everything. It was overwhelming. If I had enough courage to kill myself, I would jump off this terrace right now. I would love death than ever face that torture again.

I gripped tighter on the railing as I kept thinking of jumping. I almost didn't realize when I bent over too much on it. I suddenly felt a pull that pulled me back and my face hit someone. "You are fucking crazy." Donato said, clenching his jaw.

I didn't even have the chance to say anything as he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I gasped at the sudden action. "Donato put me down." I said, still having that teary and powerless voice. He didn't say or do anything in response. In some short seconds, we were in front of his bedroom door.

He carried me in and put me down on the bed then went back to the door and locked it. I didn't say anything but looked down on the floor. God knows what he will do right now but I just didn't have enough power to fight him right now.

He came closer to me and cupped my chin in his palm, making me look into his eyes. "Hayley, who is Xavier?!" I gulped as his tone was still bold. He tightened his grip on my chin. I sighed and looked away again.

"I guess you're not gonna tell me like this." With that, he picked me up and headed to the bathroom.

"Put me down!" I shouted at him and he ignored it. We got into the bathroom and he shut the door. "Put me down, please. I beg you, Donato." He immediately put me down and cupped my face.

"What is it, Hayley?" I don't know if it was his concern or he just wanted to know who Xavier was, but the way he looked at me and the way he behaved right now. I felt the urge to tell him but I couldn't form the words. How do you even tell someone about your past without feeling ashamed?

"Can you please give me some minutes?" I said, still keeping my eyes away from his. He nodded, clenching his jaw again.

"If you try to leave this room, I'll tie you to the fucking bed." I nodded in understanding and was about the close the door as he walked out. "Don't. I'm right here." I was feeling like a porcelain doll right now. Like one more bad memory and I'll break down.