14 // October 2014

Was it bad that she hoped Luke would’ve written back to her?

   But it’s been more than two months after that goodbye letter she sent to him, and she knew she had ruined all chances of Luke ever wanting to write back to her ever again. Leah knew that Luke was someone who was persistent but when he knew things were beyond repair already, he wouldn’t go against it anymore.

   Leah didn’t really think there was anything broken in the first place. . . . Maybe, it’s just her thoughts and fears getting the best of herself and she thought it was a good idea to just suddenly end things with Luke. She really didn’t want to get caught up in too much drama and forget why she started that road trip that her best friend had suggested months ago in the first place.

   In the brighter side of things, she had managed to finish Running Incredible and was sending query letters to editors from different publishing houses, hoping to get even just one. But she always wanted to get St. Martin’s Griffin or Penguin. She wanted St. Martin’s Griffin because that was where Attachments and other of Rainbow Rowell’s works were published under; as for Penguin — who wouldn’t want to share the same publishing house as the best novel works of John Green?

   Speaking of Attachments . . . Luke still hasn’t given it back hers. But the fact that Leah has stopped anything that might’ve possibly happen, she thought it was a partly good idea to leave the book with Luke. Just so he could keep something that reminded him of her — because that was what the map was for her.