The Great Escape

A black palm reached around the shower door, grabbing the white towel that was hanging on the hook against the door. Ruffling it through his quills, taking care not to rip the fabric on the sharp edges, Shadow thanked Chaos that his bathroom did indeed, at least, have a door. It was the only place where Scourge's comments couldn't reach black ears. Several more weeks had passed, and Shadow had decided to ignore and leave the green hedgehog to whatever it was that he did in his miserable cell. Maybe Shadow would pity the green hedgehog if he wasn't so grotesque with his words.

He still couldn't shake Scourge's comments from before out of his mind anyhow. The rhino that had been guarding him the entire time had chuckled under his breath once again after the words had been uttered into existence, causing Shadow to inevitably believe Scourge. He knew he was hated. And that was fine, more than fine in fact. Shadow was used to people being afraid of him anyway, his stoic and angry persona was usually enough to shake anyone off. Plus; the dark hedgehog believed that for a Kingdom to respect you, they also had to fear you. He was sworn to protect, regardless of the outcome and who was injured. If Sonic could hear Shadow's thoughts he'd probably be squirming.

Luckily, he couldn't and Shadow could continue on with his internal rant.

So what were people saying about him and Sonic? And what the hell had Scourge meant by Sonic rewriting this random law back into existence- other than the literal sense of course. Him and Rouge had found this strange, bizarre ordinance deep, deep, deep in the archives. So deep Shadow himself admittedly hadn't known it was a thing when he held the crown. Which he would never admit to anyone else, mind you.

It bugged Shadow to no end, as Sonic definitely wasn't smart enough to hide something that peculiar. There was absolutely no way. Also to hide it in a certain way that Shadow would be able to find it- and then he would've only found it if Sonic knew he was going to hold a trial. ...A trial he knew that he would've never won to begin with.

No. Scourge was wrong, Sonic wasn't that smart, nor would he even go to that much length to give Shadow an option that wouldn't be a public execution. It was a fluke, nothing more, nothing less.

The dark hedgehog swallowed the lump that had built in his throat at the obtrusive thoughts, in preparation for another day of ignoring Scourge. Since he had thrown the fat book at Scourge, Shadow was no longer allowed to have anything in his possession that could fit through the bars, to be launched at other prisoners faces. Not that Shadow considered Scourge a prisoner. Hedgehog garbage may be a more accurate word.

Not having books however, lead to an even more miserable Shadow. His mood was permanently foul, and his rage was inconceivable. He wanted to strangle that green hedgehog and also what the hell was Sonic playing at???!!! It had now been an entire month that Shadow had spent down here now and the striped hedgehog couldn't take it anymore. He wanted out. And badly too. Shadow decided the next thing to try and attempt to get the blue hedgehog's attention was far more extreme than simply asking for him. But hey, Shadow had been more than reasonable in the grand schemes of Shadow's usual antics- so it was now time to keep Sonic on his feet once more.

Also!- he was not a puppet. Scourge could go to hell with that one. If anything, Shadow was the one puppeteering Sonic. He had him at his beck and call, and he was going to do his damned best to prove so.

xxx

Sonic stretched back into his chair, smiling with his eyes half closed as he stared across a white clothed table. Candlelight licked his muzzle as he sunk further into the comfy chair, fully fed, comfortable and happy. Staring at the company across from him; "This was nice; I can see this becoming a reoccurrence. ...If you'll have me; that is~" Sonic reached over for a gloved hand, holding the wrist gently, and caressing the owners fingertips.