Solution

--Michael--

Why had I done that?

I shouldn't have done that?

What is the need for me to do that?

Where was my brain when I was doing that?

These are the four questions that have been running in my brain since I made the deal. Why in the first place did I make that deal? What is the use for me in it? 

Staring at the papers in front of me, my mind wandered back to the incidents that happened a few days back.

I never thought old Mr. Collin would die this soon. He is in his early sixties. It's too early for him and I also never thought he would give a penny to me then how has he given me his entire shares of his leading company? The fruits of his sweat and blood?

I know there is no love lost between us. It's been nearly 18 years since I last saw him or spoke to him.

Then why? What is his real intention? Maybe I'm overthinking. Maybe I shouldn't have accepted it. I should have transferred them to Matthew and Mark immediately like I first thought.

I shouldn't have gone there in the first place.

Even after going I shouldn't have stayed there.

Even if I stayed there I shouldn't have gone for the Will reading.

Even if I went, I shouldn't have accepted the shares. I shouldn't have made the deal. Why the hell had I done that? Why? Why ..

I'm not even planning to set my foot in it. Then why should I even consider this option?

As if I was a great business man I made this sorry ass deal with the people who are managing it. Marvellous, Mike!!

It's not late, right? I can cancel the deal. It's not that we made any written agreement. Then what's wrong? Yes, I can just call them and cancel.

"Michael." My thoughts were disturbed by Sanju's loud voice.

"What?" I asked, blinking at her.

She blinked, "What are you thinking? I'm speaking to you for the last 10 minutes. You haven't even acknowledged me."

I scowled, "When are you leaving?"

Sanju has already decided to resign from her post in Mandrake industries and take a job in Tango imports and exports, where obviously she is the boss lady, so that she can reduce her work pressure and spend some quality time with her family. I hate that she made a decision like this but maybe she is right? After all, the kids and Robert need her more.

She pouted, "You want me gone?" She said in a really sad tone.

I smiled, "No baby girl. I'm just asking." She narrowed her eyes.

"I'm tired. I'll just leave." I stood up immediately.

"Hey, wait." She said. But I picked up my jacket that was hanging on my chair.

"Michael. What's wrong?" Sanju asked.

"I'm just tired Sanju." I answered while heading out of my room. Just then my assistant is approaching.
"Cancel everything. I'm leaving." I said and my assistant just stood there blinking at me. Ignoring my assistant and Sanju I moved towards the elevator with Sanju following behind.

"Michael. Are you alright?" She asked, grabbing my wrist.

Trust me, the worry in her eyes towards me felt like I won a huge lottery.

Smiling, I nodded. She stared at me for a long moment and nodded.

"Call me if you need anything." She said and I again nodded while stepping into the elevator. She stood there until the doors closed and I just smiled. Always caring.