The morning after

Firstly, I'm daily forgetting to ask you this.... How is the cover photo of our story?

Do you like it? If not ... Please tell me.. we will change for another one...

And.... Don't hunt me for the long chapter..... Pretty plzzzzzzz....

--Mia--

After so long, I cried remembering those dreadful moments. I cried until there were no tears left. I cried until there was no energy left within me. I cried until I dozed off.

I stirred and the soft mattress beneath me let me burrow deeper into it. Huh?! When had my mattress turned this fluffy? Then I suddenly realised it was not my bed. I sat up immediately and looked around. This is not my room either. But wait! I have been into this room before but when was it? I let my gaze travel around the room until it landed on him. 

He stood at the door, leaning against it. One hand holding a mug and one hand tucked in his pocket. His eyes intense on me and his lips forming into a slow smile, "Good morning."

"Good morning." I said hesitantly. What a morning feast to my eyes!!! Shut up Mia!! 

He slowly came towards the bed and set his mug on the small table beside it. He then sat beside me on the bed. Raising his hand, he tucked my hair behind my ear. I then immediately raised my hand to adjust my hair. I can imagine it falling all over the place. Damn!!

He chuckled.

"Sorry for troubling you." I said looking down into my lap. I tried to remember the last night but all I could recollect is me crying like a mess. I don’t even remember when I dozed off and I don’t know how I ended up here.  

"If I thought that it was a problem I wouldn't even let you in." 

I remained silent. He too fell silent. What now? Now he got to know everything. What does he think about me now? Does he believe everything I said? Why did he let me stay here? What will happen between us? Does he hate me now? I can’t even imagine how he is going to react. 

Mostly I thought that what might happen between us is one, we parting our ways normally or two, he knowing about my truths and walking away from me in disgust. But never had I ever thought that I myself would tell him my deepest scars. 

"You shouldn't stay hidden." He said suddenly. 

"What?" I looked up at him in confusion. Well, of everything this is not what I expected him to utter.

He sighed, "Nothing that happened in your life is your mistake. Yet you are punishing yourself."

I still looked at him in confusion.

"Why aren't you exploring your day life?"

I looked down at my hands resting in my lap, "I told you. I don't like anyone taking advantage of me."

He took my hands in his and squeezed them, "Mia, if they are taking advantage of you just kick their ass."

My head snapped up to him.

He nodded, "Yes. Just kick their ass. Who is going to stop you? You are forgetting a thing Mia. You are a fighter. When fate has written something in your life, you have bent that fate. You wrote your own fate. See where you are now. You are chasing your passion. You are living on your own without asking a penny from anyone. Now, many houses and offices are adorned with your work. You are gifted Mia. Painting is not what everyone can do. You are doing it. You are special. You are a fighter. Then why are you letting them take advantage of you??"

I stared at him, letting his words sink into my brain.

"You are letting the beautiful days in your life to go wasted, Mia. Don't do that."