ᴠ. ᴛɪᴍᴇ ɪꜱ ꜰᴀꜱᴛ

"Chrissy

"Chrissy.. come back! You still haven't tried on this elegant dress.." Her mom called in her nightmare, and Chrissy woke up in a panic. The noise she made woke up Eddie who was sleeping beside her on the boat, and he looked around frantically.

Eddie jumped out of the boat while holding the broken bottle, and he looked out the window. "Shit. Oh shit." He whispered once he saw that the others left.

The door opened loudly, startling the two who were inside. "Jesus..!" Eddie shouted, and the others came back while holding take out. "Delivery Service," Dustin told him while smiling, and Eddie exhaled in relief.

Chrissy was snacking on donuts, and Eddie was munching on the cereal. "So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it?" Dustin asked.

"Good news."

"Bad news."

The two said at the same time, and they looked at each other. "Okay, uh, bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also, they're uh, pretty convinced you killed that Cole dude." Dustin told him. "Like, 100% kind of convinced," Max added.

"What about the good news?" Chrissy asked. "The police aren't looking for you that hard, but you've been filed as a missing person by your parents. Eddie's name hasn't gone public yet, but if we found out about him, it's a matter of time before the others do. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother are gonna be gunning for him." Robin answered.

"Hunt the freak, right?" Eddie asked. "Exactly," Robin replied, and he cursed in frustration. "So, before that happens, we find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence." Dustin simply said.

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie asked him sarcastically. "Yeah, no, that's pretty much it," Dustin responded. "You're saying.. you want to kill a monster that's on some other dimension?" Chrissy asked, still not fully convinced with their story.

"Exactly," Dustin answered. "Listen, both of you, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this before. I mean, they have a.. a few times, and.. and I have once. Mine was more human-flesh-based, theirs was more smoke-related, but bottom line is, collectively, I really feel like we got this." Robin clarified.

"We usually rely on this girl who has superpowers. But, uh, those went bye-bye, so uh.." Steve said, and Chrissy looked at him like he was crazy. "So we're technically in more of the--" Robin continued, and Max cut her off. "Brainstorming phase." She finished, and Steve agreed with her.

"There.. There's nothing to worry about." Dustin tried to convince them, and Steve scoffed at him. Eddie looked at Dustin, still processing everything they all said. Suddenly, sirens were heard, and Steve cursed. "Tarp. Tarp. Tarp!" Robin instructed, and the two hid under the tarp again.

Chrissy was starting to get used to it, and it wasn't that scary anymore. The group left to investigate, and Chrissy turned away. All Eddie could see from the small light peeking from a hole was Chrissy's back.

"Jesus, when is this gonna end.." Eddie grumbled. Chrissy didn't answer, but she really didn't want it to end now. Once Eddie's innocence was proven, she'll be forced to go back home and she didn't want that to happen.

Eddie removed the tarp, and he sat up. "What're you doing? They said we should hide." Chrissy asked while sitting up too. "We can't just keep on hiding." He answered. "Well, we can't go out either." She reminded him.

"Then we won't. Let's just.. chat for now, without trying to hide." He suggested, and Chrissy nodded. "Firstly, why did you want to buy drugs? Especially Special K, I mean, it's strong." Eddie asked, and Chrissy looked at him nervously.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to." Eddie told her quickly, not wanting to force her into answering all his questions. "No, no, it's fine.. I asked for it because I wanted to distract myself from those nightmares." She responded, slightly changing the details.

"My turn, Um.. What really happened to Cole?" She asked, wanting to know the truth. "Oh, uh.." Eddie was hesitant on telling her, but he knew had to answer to make it fair. "He floated in the air like you, but he kind of.." Eddie started moving his hands around, trying to sign something.

"Oh." Chrissy let out in realization. "Alright, what does that mean? Is that supposed to have some sentimental value?" Eddie asked while pointing at her "86" necklace.

"Oh, this? I got this from my old senior Erin! She said this was gonna be my year, but I guess that wasn't that true.." She chuckled softly at the thought of the older girl. Eddie's smile dropped when she mentioned the girl, and Chrissy was getting worried that she might've said something wrong.

Erin Miller wasn't exactly liked by many, but she was nice towards Chrissy. "Sorry." Chrissy apologized, even if she didn't know what she did. "What? You didn't do anything wrong." Eddie assured her, and Chrissy smiled.

"Will I ever get to see you play the guitar again?" Chrissy asked, and Eddie grinned. "Of course! Once all of this is over, you're invited to my special performance." Eddie told her, and Chrissy was glad she had something to look forward to after.

"Um.. I was thinking you'd join my band instead of watching, though.." Eddie admitted, and she looked at him with surprise. "Me..? Why?" Chrissy asked while smiling. "Middle School, before the talent show, you sang the National Anthem in front of everyone." He recalled.

Chrissy lightly laughed at his reason, and Eddie looked at her with confusement. "What?" He asked, getting a little embarrassed. "You still remember that?" She asked. "How could I forget? You sang like an angel back there!" He complimented.

"God.. you should have told me earlier!" Chrissy told him, and Eddie pouted. "Yeah, but your boyfriend didn't even let me glance at you for a second!" He said, and the two laughed at the overprotective guy. "Oh, Jason! He was really overprotective back then." She replied.

Chrissy was surprised he still didn't know they broke up because rumors usually spread fast. But it was fine, he didn't have to know about it yet. "Right, my turn! Does it ever get boring living alone?" Chrissy asked, not knowing how it felt because she was always stuck at home.

"Well, it depends. Sometimes, I'd go crash at Gareth's house." He answered, and Chrissy nodded, even though she had no idea who the guy was. "Is green your favorite color?" He asked, and Chrissy thought about it. "Yeah! I think it looks great on me." She confidently responded.

Most of the clothes she owned were in shades of green. Fortunately, her mom couldn't care less about it. The two continued talking while sitting beside each other on the boat, laughing from time to time.

It was going great, too great. It was funny how their conversation started from dark topics to completely unnecessary and small questions, mostly to know about each other. The two were gonna be great friends, and Chrissy couldn't wait for everything to finish, so she could finally join his merry little band.

It was already nighttime, and it felt like the time moved on too fast.