ɪᴠ. ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ, ᴡᴇ ʀᴀɴ.

Chrissy woke up in a cold sweat, unfamiliar with her surroundings

Chrissy woke up in a cold sweat, unfamiliar with her surroundings. "What-- Where am I..? Eddie?!" She yelled for him. He was the first person she thought of because he was the last one she saw before fainting.

"Eddie!" She yelled again, and she gasped in surprise when someone touched her shoulder. "It's ok! It's fine.. It's just me." Eddie ensured, and he sat beside her on the boat.

"Are you alright?" He asked, and Chrissy sighed in relief. She was glad that he was right beside her because that meant she was still alive and well. "Not really." She replied while hugging her knees.

"Where are we?" She asked him, and Eddie stayed silent for a few seconds. "Somewhere out by lovers lake.." He answered. "Uh, I left some snacks on the table.. You can have them if you want." Eddie offered, and Chrissy held her stomach.

"Thank you." She walked to the table, and she looked at the variety of snacks. She sat down, opening some of them. It wasn't gonna fill her much, but it was enough. "Listen, you shouldn't go out for now, okay? It's not safe. Let's both just.. stay here together." He warned, and Chrissy looked at him with worry.

"You saw me.." Chrissy mumbled, and Eddie looked at her nervously. "Uh.. Yeah, I did. Can you uh, explain what happened back there?" Eddie requested, still not forgetting how she floated for a minute.

"I had a nightmare," Chrissy simply replied, not wanting to share other details for now. "Where's the other guy?" She asked, and Eddie gulped. "Oh, um.. Cole? He's fine. He's fine!" He lied, and Chrissy wasn't sure if he was telling the truth or not.

Eddie didn't want to tell her, afraid that she'll become anxious once she found out what really happened. He wasn't doing very well himself, but he didn't want Chrissy to be like him too.

He knew it wasn't gonna be long before the police find the body, and he'll definitely get the blame for it. Eddie looked at Chrissy who was eating slowly, and he was starting to regret involving her in this. He turned away, not wanting to make it obvious that he had been staring at her.

Maybe he should tell her to go now before it's too late, but a part of him didn't want to do that. He didn't want her to leave him all alone, he wanted her to stay.

Chrissy turned to Eddie who looked like he was deep in thought. She just figured out that he did indeed lie, and they were both definitely not fine. She knew how Eddie saw her state, and she was scared that he'll avoid her eventually.

She looked back at the table, putting down the empty snack wrapper. She was glad that he stayed beside her until now. Surprisingly, she found comfort whenever she was with him. Maybe it was because he still treated her like a normal human being, not pushing her away because of what he witnessed last night.

Chrissy thought about her parents, and she was sure they were looking for her right now. But she was glad she wasn't there, because it had never felt like home for even once. She didn't want to come back, worrying that the monster was waiting for her while taking the form of her mom.