ɪɪ. ꜰᴏʀᴇꜱᴛ ᴛᴀʟᴋꜱ

Chrissy walked to the forest while looking behind her often, scared that she was being followed

Chrissy walked to the forest while looking behind her often, scared that she was being followed. She looked around the forest, finding the table where he was supposed to meet her at.

"Hello?" Chrissy asked for someone, and she heard the chiming of a clock. She noticed a grandfather's clock inside a tree, and her breathing started to get ragged.

She walked to it slowly, and the glass started to shatter, making her back away. Many spiders crawled out of the crack, and Chrissy lightly whimpered while walking backwards quickly.

She bumped into something, making her shriek in alarm. "Whoa, hey, hey, hey. Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you." Eddie apologized, and Chrissy looked at him with a mixture of shock and relief.

"You okay?" He asked her with concern, noticing how she looked frightened. Chrissy looked back to where the grandfather clock used to be, but it was now a normal tree.

The girl's eyes started to tear up, afraid that she was starting to go crazy.

Chrissy sat down, and Eddie placed a metal box on the table. He took off his jacket, looking at the girl who was anxiously bouncing her foot up and down. "There's, uh.. There's nothing to worry about. Okay? No one ever comes out here. We're safe." He assured her, and he sat down.

"I promise," Eddie ensured her, and he opened the metal box. "So, how does this work exactly?" Chrissy asked, not exactly knowledgeable about doing drugs and all.

"Oh, just like any other old sale, except, uh, cash only, and uh, for obvious reasons.. no receipts." He answered, looking at the nervous cheerleader.

"I'll do you a half-ounce for, uh.. 20. What do you say?" He offered, finding this situation a very rare thing to happen. This was probably one of the first few times he'd talked to the popular girl, but he didn't expect drugs to be the reason.

"Plenty of bang for your buck. Should last a while." He showed her the item. Chrissy looked behind in alarm, gasping from the sudden noise. It was just a squirrel climbing on a tree, and Eddie was getting worried about her odd behavior.

"Hey, uh, we don't need to do this. Just give me the word and I'll walk away. Okay?" Eddie told her, and Chrissy looked back at him. "It's not that. I don't want you to go. It's just.. Do you ever feel like you're losing your mind?" Chrissy asked, and he looked at her with concern.

Chrissy didn't want him to leave. She didn't want to be alone, fearing that the visions would come back to haunt her. She asked to buy drugs from Eddie, wanting to distract herself.

"Um, you know, just.. on a daily basis." Eddie grinned at her, and Chrissy looked at him confused. "I feel like I'm losing my mind right now doing a drug deal with Chrissy Cunningham, the queen of Hawkins High." He admitted, and a small smile formed on the girl's face.

"You know, this isn't the first time that we've, um.. hung out." He informed her, and Chrissy was confused, not recalling anything. "No?" Chrissy asked, and Eddie was a little disappointed.

"You don't remember?" Eddie asked. "I'm sorry. I--" She apologized, finding it a little hard on trying to remember him. "That's okay." Eddie cut her off, and he put his hands on where his heart was, making himself fall back quickly, surprising her.

She gasped in surprise, not expecting him to do that. "I wouldn't remember me either, Chrissy." He told her while standing up, and Chrissy laughed genuinely for the first time in days.

"Honestly, do I have stuff in my hair?" Eddie asked while trying to pull out leaves from his hair, earning a chuckle from the girl. "You don't remember me?" Eddie crossed his arms while smiling, and Chrissy shook her head sideways.

"I'm sorry," She chuckled again, and Eddie was proud of himself for making her mood better. "Middle school, talent show. You were doing this cheer thing. You know, the.. the thing you do." He recalled while imitating her dance moves.

"It was pretty cool, actually." He complimented. "And I.. I was with my band." He continued, and Chrissy recognized what he was talking about. "Corroded Coffin!" She cut him off, and Eddie clapped at her. "Corro-- You do remember." He replied while pointing at her.

"Oh my God! Yes, of course. With a name like that, how could I forget?" Chrissy started talking in big sentences, and Eddie stayed still. "I dunno. You're a freak." He told her, and Chrissy grinned.

"No, you just.. You looked so--" Chrissy was gonna say he didn't look the same, remembering his old look. "Different? Yeah. Well, uh, my hair was buzzed, and I didn't have these sweet old tatties yet." Eddie continued for her, and he pulled down a little of his shirt to show some of his tattoos.

"You played guitar, right?" Chrissy asked. "Uh-huh. Still do. Still do. You should come see us. Uh, we play at The Hideout on Tuesdays. It's pretty cool. We.. We actually get a crowd of about five drunks." He invited, and Chrissy laughed.

"It's not exactly the Garden, but you gotta start somewhere, right? So.." He said, and he punched a nearby tree lightly. "You know, you're not what I thought you'd be like." Chrissy admitted, and Eddie turned back to her.

"Mean and Scary?" He asked, knowing how much he'd been stereotyped around the school. "Yeah." She replied. "Yeah, well, I actually kinda thought you'd be kina mean and scary too," Eddie confessed, and Chrissy looked at him with surprise.

"Me?" She asked with a soft tone. "Terrifying." He replied, sitting back down. "Uh, so, in other good news, flattery works with me, so.. Twenty-five percent discount for the half." He offered, placing the weed on the table.

"Fifteen bucks. You're robbing me blind here, you know." Eddie told her, and Chrissy stayed quiet while looking at the weed. "Do you have anything.. maybe stronger?" She asked, and the two of them looked at each other. Eddie's look was filled with concern and curiosity, and Chrissy was agitated.

"Um, yeah.. it's back at my trailer." He replied. "Are you sure you're okay?" He asked, and Chrissy nodded slowly. "I-- I should go, my parents are waiting for me." She excused herself, leaving him alone in the forest.

That was a lie, she was gonna go to the cafeteria to see if there were any food left. She was hungry and needed to eat, her mom wouldn't find out, right?

There weren't that many students left inside the building, because classes have already ended a while ago. "Can I um.. still buy that sandwich?" Chrissy asked the lady while pointing at a jelly-filled one.

"Yeah." The lady replied with boredom while pointing at the price. Chrissy paid her, and she took the food. She was glad that she could finally eat, craving something sweet.

She thought back to the “forest talk” she had with Eddie, and she smiled to herself. She felt genuinely happy with him, and that was unusual considering her whole life was filled with dark secrets and events.

Maybe if she befriended him, they could stay together. Maybe if that happened, she'll feel safe all the time, and the monster would stop appearing in her head.