Chapter 20.

'Neon!!!!!' She heard Party Poisons voice echo around her head. It was too late for that now. Time stood still for those moments.

She thought about how they had saved her. Maybe it had been her purpose to save Kobra and Diamond now she could go in peace.

Maybe this was her time, to go out in a blaze of glory like any Killjoy could be proud of.

Time stretched on. Was she dead already? She could still feel the shock waves of pain but she had a calm about her now. Her guilt absorbed now she knew they had Kobra back. Party needed his brother more than he needed her, and she had delivered that at last.

Her death could give them the time to escape, they needed it more than her. She had lost so much already and they could go on to do so many great things.

Her eyes pinged open hearing a sob. She looked up and saw Party Posion screaming her name, strange as she couldnt quite hear it but she could see his mouth moving. His hand was outstretched to hers, the others holding him back. Just like my dreams she thought. Things were fuzzy, there was two of him now.

He should be running, they could get away to safety now, she was happy to take the fall if it meant they all lived. She wanted to scream run but the searing pain and blood loss was affecting her now she could only watch on hopelessly willing him to save himself.

She saw Korse reach up with his other hand, a gun aimed straight for Party Poison, she wanted to scream and warn him but the pain was making her want to sleep. She could feel a dragging feeling, so strange as she was still upright, but almost like she was floating. He should be running, keep running she screamed in her head. Please keep running! Save yourself don't let me die in vain. He had to be safe.

Korse was laughing now, pushing the gun harder into her shoulder. Her back arched more into an unnatural position. Is this how it ends?

No. No. Not this way, everybody lives she thought snapping herself awake again. Her eyes opened again looking straight at Party Poison. She was back, pain or no pain it wouldn't end like this. In a second she raised her leg and kicked back with all her force straight onto Korses knee.

She heard a crack as it snapped back and spun around to face him as his legs gave way and he fell. He struggled to balance with both arms raised, aimlessly shooting forwardin panic.

She stood tall, as tall as she could with the pain, no longer caring if he shot her she would save her friends this time. No more death.

She watched in amazement as he fell and tumbled down the hill before falling in a heap at the bottom. Did they win? She turned to face the others wanting to know everyone was OK and saw Party Poison running towards her.

She looked down and she was on her knees now, confused she didn't know when that happened. Wasnt she just standing? It's all felt so heavy, like the weight of everyone was crushing her.

There was a lot of red liquid, where was that from she thought as she felt Party Posion wrap his arms around catching her from falling backwards. He was crying, don't be sad she thought, no energy left to speak.
Dont cry, your safe, I've saved you.

'Everybody lives' she breathed before passing out to blackness.

She dreamed then, a strange floating feeling to her body, not quite touching the floor. In front of her stood her friends, her family all smiling and pleased to see her. They all ran forward each giving her a hug, she liked it here, it was warm and safe and all her loved ones were around her. She thought they had been long lost to her. It felt so good.

Something was missing though, she couldn't quite work it out at first it was like a part of her was gone, a missing piece.

Party Poison.

Her eyes flew open, a slow wet gurgle coming from her mouth. She was back on top of the hill and he was there looking down at her. Her lungs felt wet, pain radiated through her soul. The warmth and safety of where she had been long gone. She raised a hand to her mouth and felt blood running from her lips. He was crying, heavy gut wrenching sobs, holding her close his head turned away from her.

She raised her hand to his face, it didn't even feel like her own arm anymore. He turned and saw she was awake and lent down and kissed her, not caring about the blood coming from her mouth, their salty tears mixing together. This was where she needed to be she thought, this was what was missing.

Him. Party Posion. She knew now she really did love him. She smiled into his kiss before darkness took over again.