Chapter ten.

Kobras pov

'After three...ready?' Kobra whispered to Diamond who nodded in response.

They were both crouched to the side of the door ready to bolt. They had a noticed a routine form with one Dracs who brought them medication, he was the only one that would come alone. It was their best bet to run, the drugs that they had been given had worn off by then.

They always sent a lone drac to dose them up every 2 hours thinking they were placid. They had been drugging then regularly with sedatives, to curb their thinking and keep them under control. Not this time. This time they were ready.

Diamond had proved to be quite the asset when it came to picking the locks of the cuffs they had been attached to. Armed with just a hair grip she had made short work of freeing them of the cuffs.

She had told Kobra how her crew had also stumbled upon the hideout while looking for fuel. Three of her crew had been shot down, one escaped and she was captured.

Between the two of them, neither could work out why they were being kept alive, other than to be bait to draw the remaining crew members back. None of it made any sense. He could have killed then all in the car after the crash and didn't.

They heard the door handle rattle that was the sign to move.

'1.......2.....3!' Kobra yelled as they both sprung into action. As soon as the Drac had opened the door Kobra had knocked him with an elbow to the face. They looked at each other for a second before running out the door.

They ran down the short dark corridor stopping at the end and pressing their backs against the wall. The garage wasn't massive so from here they could see the door to the outside. But also the drac guarding it.

The rest of the room was a massive blind spot, they had no idea how many dracs or even scarecrow were round the corner. But it was now or never.

Kobra pointed forward with small motion and whispered 'we are going to have to just run and knock him down by force'

'What about the others, there's a ton of dracs in here somewhere' she was panting slightly, still weak and breathless from the drugs not quite out of her system.

'What choice do we have?' He said

She nodded and with that they both ran as fast as they could towards the door. The drac was taken by surprise, not getting a chance to raise his gun as the two killjoys smashed into him and straight into the door. The door crashed to the ground, knocked straight off its hinges, the three of them just in a heap on top.

They were so close now. As they were scrambling up and onto their feet all they heard was a loud buzzing noise before darkness.

Korse stood over them, two tasers in his hand just shaking his head.

'Haul them back in there and lock them up properly this time!'

When they woke they were both back in their chains, Korse staring down at them.

'I wouldn't recommend you try that again, I won't be so lenient next time. Just because I'm keeping you alive now doesn't mean I won't change the plan dramatically, and leave your lifeless bodies out in the dust.'

Diamond looked at Korse with disgust and spat at his feet. 'Fuck you Korse' she sneered, almost growling.

'I'm going to enjoy this' Korse replied stepping forward. He was holding a syringe. Roughly grabbing Diamonds face in his free hand he pushed the syringe into her neck. Diamond yelped then flopped down in a heap on the floor.

'What did you do to her?' Kobra yelled pulling against the chain on his leg lurching towards Korse.

With a laugh Korse grabbed Kobras face and plunged another syringe into his neck. Kobras eyes went wide before closing and he too fell in a slump.

'Sleep tight killjoys, enjoy the stronger sedatives' Korse said to the two limp bodies in front of him before walking back out the door.