Alessia

Awkward. 

There's no other word to describe the nature of this car ride.

It's just like Mr. White to do this to me. Switch things at the last minute leaving me embarrassed and confused in front of everyone.

If he was here I would certainly give him a piece of my mind. 

"You will still be Julia Wright," Karter speaks up."But instead you will be my body guard."

"That makes no sense. Mr. White specifically said that it was a lady who they were trying to make alliance with."

"Don't worry about the details."

"I really don't like changes without my notice."

"I really don't care about your feelings."

Newton whispers,"Just follow what Mr. Reagan says and it'll all be alright."

"And what is Newton here for?" I ask Karter.

"He will be a guard too."

Great. We get to work together. 

"I was told that you have a black belt in karate, am I correct?" Karter says.

"Whoever told you was right."

"Karate won't be enough. Tomorrow we begin different martial arts technique."

"I'll be fine."

Karter turns around so that he can look at me.

It gives me a good opportunity to scan his face tattoos.

They're all different kinds of tribal swirl arts. I recognize one as an Aztec sun who's rays extend all the way to the tip of his eye. The thought of the needles getting that close to eyes makes me cringe.

"This is not like any other missions you've been on," Karter says.

"No kidding."

"So, if you will, do as I say without this arguing thing you've got going on. I'm in charge now and I have the ability to withdraw your immunity if you are unwilling to cooperate."

Now he is beginning to sound like Mr. White. 

"Got it?"

His brown eyes bore into mine. I feel smothered once again by his intense gaze. 

He's literally daring me to say something. So I do.

"Burn in hell."

"In due time."

Karter turns back around allowing me the privilege of being able to breathe normally again. I'm surprised he didn't do anything worse than say three words that weren't even an insult in themselves.

Does he understand that I'm not one to be messed with?

Well, good.

I'll be showing these testerone-filled animals a thing or two.