Chapter 3

Me and Leone walked through the streets of the capitol, we walked through some of the not so populated parts of the city. I started to notice that Leone was being greeted by a lot of people as we walked by. Some even stopped us to have a small conversation with her. But when they noticed me, they questioned Leone if she found a boyfriend. She blushed a little and said that she was showing me around and that I was an old friend from outside of the capitol.
    "Seems like you're very popular here."
    "Yeah, I grew up here and it's nice to give back to the people of the place you were born in."
    We walked through a small alleyway that could potentially be used as a way out. As we got half way through the alleyway, a group of guys blocked our exit. I turned around and another group blocked the way we came in. What is going on? I thought this was a nice part of the capital.
    "Well, well ,well. If it isn't Leone."
    "Aw, shit."
    I turned to look at Leone and couldn't believe what she had said. Did she do something to anger these men?
    "Give us Leone and we will let you go. We don't have any hate for you." one said.
    "Leone, what did you do?"
    "Weeell, I stole some money from them that they stole from some of the people out on the streets."
    "Get out of the way and give us that bitch."
    "If a friend of mine is in danger, we will have a problem."
    "Fuck it, kill them both."
    They came and were ready to kill, but so was I. Leone had activated her tenju and was about to start fighting until I beat her to it. I knocked out all but one thug. Within a split second I put him in a choke hold and pushed him up against the wall. I then activated my mangekyou sharingan and used the tsukuyomi. The clouds turned red and moved in reverse, he was strapped to a cross and was constantly stabbed by two of me.
    "Space and time, I control them."
    The man screamed in pain.
    "How long will it be until your soul gives up, I wonder?"
    The man continues to scream in pain.
    " only 47 hours, 59 minutes, and 12 more seconds to go."
    When the genjutsu finally ended, I dropped the man as he was gasping for air. He looked up at me and his eyes widened, he started screaming and acting like he saw a ghost. But what he first said disturbed Leone to her core.
    "You, you get away from me you demon eyed monster!"
    I then knocked him out so he would shut up. I then placed a false memory in all of the thugs so they would think that they were fighting each other instead of us.
    "Come on, we need to go, Leone." I said pulling on Leone's arm.
    We fled the scene and ended outside of the capitol on a small hill. We sat in silence for a few minutes, then Leone began to speak.
    "How did you do that? I know that you can make illusions but you scared the hell out of that guy. What did you make him see?"
    "Remember when we first met along with all of the Night Raid?"
    "Yeah you kicked our asses."
    "Well when me and Akame fought, which was after I kicked you. I used a powerful illusion called Tsukiyomi."
    "I remember that, you told us that this morning."
    "Yes but I only told you a little of it."
    "Really, what else can it do?"
    "It can inflict physical pain on the target."
    "Oh."
    "What I did was create a world that was like a world of pain. He was strapped to a cross and I constantly stabbed him over and over again. He died so many times but was brought back to life every time. I can also control the time span. One day in this world would last a millisecond here in real time."
    Leone was in shock over the fact that I described what I could do to anyone in this world. It truly was a world with nothing but pain. Later we got back to the hideout and Akame and Tatsume were preparing dinner. I walked in the kitchen and washed my hands before I started to skin the bird I killed earlier today. I started to prepare the bird when I noticed that Akame and Tatsume were looking at me. When our eyes met they were surprised.
    "You know how to cook Itachi?" said Tatsume.
    "Yes, this is one of the things that my mother taught me."
    "Oh, okay." said Akame.
    Later, we all sat down and ate together. Everyone commented on the food.
    " The fish was cooked to where it's not too tough to chew and not too undercooked." said Ballut.
    "And the bird is cooked to perfection, it is juicy without leaving your mouth dry," said Lubbock.
    "As always Akames cooking is always the best, we should never expect Tatsume to cook something like this." Mine remarked.
    "Actually, I didn't cook the bird. Itachi did." said Akame.
    Everyone stared at Akame for a minute and turned to me in amazement. Mine especially, she was embarrassed that she had given credit to Akame for something I did.
    "I have some good news." I tried to change the topic.
    "Well Itachi, spill the beans for us, what is your great news?" said Najenda.
    "I have been thinking about the fact that this group needs to be stronger and needs more members. So I decided to have my old team mates come and join us to help fight the capitol."
    "I'd love to meet your old team mates Itachi, when will we meet them?"
    "Now, well at least some of them. I'm only inviting three."
    I pulled my hands out and stepped away from the table. I weaved my way through every hand sign perfectly, and finally finished the routine.
    "Orochimaru style: reanimation summoning jutsu!"
    Three coffins arose from the ground and three bodies were found in them wearing a light brown cloak. I pulled out three kunai with tags tied to them with the Edo Tensei seal on them. Then I threw them at the bodies and the once zombie-like bodies were now more alive and young. They each stepped out with confusion and looked up and saw Itachi. Kisame was the first to greet his old friend.
    "Itachi, it's been too long. How have you been?"
    "Well I certainly made some new friends Kisame."
    I pulled out a scroll and opened it up. I gestured to Kisame to hold out his hand in front of the scroll. As he did so, his old sword appeared out of thin air.
    "Ah, it's been too long. I've missed this sword." he said resting it on his shoulder.
     Looked at the other two and they were happy as well. I turned back to Night Raid and began my huge introduction.
    "Everyone, please welcome my old team mates to the Night Raid. This shark-like human is Kisame, the blonde is Deidara, and the redhead is Sasori."
    "Welcome to Night Raid gentlemen, I am the leader of this group. My name is Najenda."
    "Well this might be interesting, what do you think, Deidara?"
    "This might be fun, but as long as I get to express myself with my ART," said Deidara enthusiastically.
    I looked back at the three old friends.
    "The three of you will help do some training with the team and make them stronger than what they are now. I have lost too many comrades, I don't want to lose anymore. So from now on we will train together and get stronger."
    Everyone looked at me and nodded in agreement. I will make sure that nothing bad will happen to them.
    " Well then, let's start. Kisame, take Sheele and Mine to practice hand to hand combat with weapons training. Sasori and Deidara, take Akame, Tatsume, Bullat, and Leone and practice range attacks. Kisame me and Lubbock will join you in a second, I got some things I need to teach him."
    The next day, Kisame, Deidara, and Sasori led the two teams to the training grounds. Me and Lubbock headed to an open field where I had set some targets earlier. I gave Lubbock five Kunai and pointed at one of the targets.
    "First , you will learn how to throw these Kunai and hit the dead center of the target."
    "Okay, here I go."
    Lubbock threw each Kunai one at a time, either hitting below dead center or missing the target completely. It was funny to watch Lubbock fail every time but I always gave him tips.
    "Don't aim for dead center, aim a little above it and with a little more practice you should be able to get it."
    He nodded and did what I had told him. A few more throws and he finally hit dead center. He laughed in excitement. He was proud that he finally did it. This reminded me of the times when I helped Sasuke with his Shuriken training.
    "I want to show you something."
    "What is it?"
    "There are 8 targets in total, and I'm going to hit all of them perfectly. Even the one on my blind spot on the rock."
    Lubbock went over to the rock and saw the target. I could tell that he was doubting me.
    "There is no way you can hit this target."
    "Watch closely, because I'm going to do this with my eyes closed."
    "What?"
    I drew out my kunai and closed my eyes. As I did last time, I jumped and in mid air I did a twisted back flip and threw a kunai one at a time. Each hit the target and when I landed and opened my eyes, Lubbock was in more shock than Akame was yesterday.
    "Well, do you believe me now?"
    "How did you do that?"
    "Years of training. And now I'm going to teach you how to set traps for your room."
    "Awesome."
    We headed back to the hideout and made our way to his room. For the next half hour, I showed Lubbock the art of making traps and the best way to set them. When we finished, we headed back out to meet Kisame and the rest of the group. When we got there, everyone was exhausted but Kisame. Everyone was soaked in water and was trying to catch their breath.
    "Hey Itachi, these guys definitely need the training, they can't keep up with me." said Kisame in a laughing tone.
    "They aren't like us. They can't use chakra, let alone genjutsu, ninjutsu and taijutsu. They rely on their tenju. help them with their hand to hand combat and they will be fine, and please don't use your deadly attacks on them either."
    "Deadly attacks?" said Mine.
    I turned to look at the wet pink haired girl that was beyond pissed.
    "Are you telling me that he could have killed us?"
    "Yes, and you are lucky that I told him to hold back."
    "Hey Itachi, I also noticed that they need to work on their teamwork a little better. They are good individually, but I think if they all worked together they could have taken me down. With those tenju that they have, if they combined their powers, I could have been put to submit."
    "That's exactly why I'm here, we are going to show them some proper teamwork."
    At the end of the day, we trained until nightfall and no one could land a blow on either of us. Even with that they still got better. Their speed increased and their skills in hand to hand combat had gotten better.
    "Tomorrow, you guys will train with Deidara and Sasori. They will help get your long range attacks better and more accurate. By the way, Deidara deals with clay bombs and Sasori has puppets that attacks for him while he is at a safe distance. Don't underestimate them, they are dangerous when working together."
    When we got back to the hideout everyone else was already there. I went to the kitchen and helped prepare the food. Akame and Tatsume and I did our best. Well I did it perfectly. As like last time, everyone was astonished with my amazing cooking skills. But Kisame, Deidara, and Sasori weren't surprised. They were happy that they could eat my cooking again.
    "It's nice to eat your cooking since it has been so long, Itachi," said Kisame.
    Everyone but me, Daidara, and Sasori looked at Kisame in shock.
    "Itachi always cooked for you and your team in the past?" said Mine.
    "Oh, all the time. When he first joined the akatsuki none of us thought that someone's cooking could be so good. Itachi is the best cook here." said Kisame.
    Everyone's jaws dropped, I don't really like talking about myself much but Kisame on the other hand. He enjoyed boasting about himself or others. He was like a stubborn little child trapped in a deadly body that could kill anyone in seconds. I decided to change the subject before Kisame could say anything else.
    " I also have some great news, since we could still use some more members. I was thinking about bringing back the whole Akastuki, minus Nagoto. He is trapped in a genjutsu world of drunken stewarts."
    "Seems like a good idea, Itachi, but when will you resurrect them from the dead?" said Najenda.
    "Soon, only if the time is right when we are under attack will I use the reanimation jutsu."
    Later that night I laid in bed wondering how the others are doing in the afterlife. Hopefully they are resting in peace right now. I was lost in thought when someone was knocking on my door. I got up to check to see who it was. I disarmed my traps when I opened the door and saw Leone.
    "Leone, what are you doing here? It's midnight."
    "I know, but want to talk to you about your friend Deidara."
    "What about him?" I said in confusion.
    "I think he is a pervert, so I wanted to know if he is since you have worked with him for many years."
    "Yeah, he is a pervert. But he is into medium to large breast women."
    "Yeah, I'm gonna have to watch him for now, like Lubbock. Well that was it, night Itachi."
    "Good night Leone."
    I closed the door and set the traps back up. Maybe I should have told everyone that he is a pervert earlier. But when it comes to missions, he is the best partner to have. I went back to bed and closed my eyes and fell asleep. That night I dreamed of all the good memories I had when I was a kid. I never want to ruin my new life like I did in my past life. That's a promise