Chapter 3 - Future doctor

Max's POV

"Dear Kidney Boy,

Per our previously discussed terms, I find it appropriate for us to have our first tutor session today.

Place: Gloria's Coffee shop.
Time: 12:00 - 01:00 pm.

As for the payment, I will be free after seven to give you an hour of my precious time.
Place: Gloria's coffee shop
Time: 07:00-08:00 pm
Purpose: Sit and chat

P.S. I felt the need to specify the purpose of our meetup because there is something so wrong with the sentence I wrote above, I do not want Google to think that I am using their platform for prostitution.

Anyway, we could discuss the rest of the rules during our meeting.

Looking forward to your reply.
Best regards,
V."

I couldn't stop my smile as I read her email first thing in the morning, imaging her mocking professional tone and very annoyed face as she typed it down.

I read it once more because I just couldn't help it before I opened a new draft and typed down a reply;

"Dear Gingerbread,

Firstly, I just love how you assume I am free to accept your offer at any time you deem appropriate. I think we really do have many rules and terms that are yet to be discussed today.

Secondly, thank you for spelling it out to the whole platform that we are not meeting up for the purpose to have sex. You just had to reject me even in front of uncle Google. A guy can take a message, worry not.

Looking forward to seeing you today.
Wear green if possible.

Also per our agreement, I'll be getting a gingerbread latte from you, right?
I am not doing charity over here.

Best regards,
K.B."

I pressed sent and my gaze flickered to the time, knowing very well that I'll be late for class if I don't hurry up. I threw my phone on the bed and headed for the bathroom, freshening up and quickly changing my clothes. I looked at the mirror and ran my hand through my hair, fixing it and giving it the natural I-rolled-out-of-bed-like-this look.

Grabbing my backpack and phone, I left my room in a rush. The phone buzzed in my hand, I opened it up, reading the new email that just arrived as I descended down the stairs.

"Dear K.B,

Yeah, sure. One big gingerbread latte on me; with extra whipped cream, right?

And worry not, I am pretty sure uncle google won't judge you for your inability to get laid.

Best regards,
Gingerbread."

My lips twitched, smiling, which seems to be something I do quite a lot around her. Lilly came crashing into me as she went up the stairs, my eyesight was rather occupied by my phone that I didn't even notice her. She said something but I kept walking, ignoring her as I typed down my reply.

"Dear Gingy,

Yes, with extra whipped cream ;)

And please never put 'inability to get laid' and my name in the same sentence ever again.

Best regards,
Max; who is very well capable of getting laid."

I pressed sent and paused by the kitchen door, I shoved the phone into my sweater's pocket and my gaze flickered up to mom and dad, who looked like they were discussing something, or more like Mom was trying to soothe a very annoyed dad. Judging by the fact that Lilly was here minutes ago, I bet she did something. You'd think I'd be the troublemaker between us, but no, my sister wore that title with pride.