Chapter 1 - You've got mail

Start from the beginning

Her eyebrow raised, "And why would I tell you my name?"

Because it's common decency, "It's just a name," I said, "What's the big deal?"

She shook her head, "You can know a lot about a person with just their names," She raised her shoulders, "And I don't even know you, kidney boy, you can be a creepy stalker or something."

"I will try not to be offended at that," I said, "I mean come on, is this the face of a creepy stalker?"

My eyebrow raised, "Also, I am really starting to hate the nickname."

She smiled and I let go of the ball into her hold, unable to use it as my bargaining chip, "Thanks," She said, "I guess I'll see you around...kidney boy," She stressed on the name on purpose winking, ready to turn around and walk away.

My hand went to her shoulder, my touch stopping her and she looked back at me, confused, "Uh, actually I am leaving tonight," I mean it's now or never, "Can I have your number or something?"

She stared at me for a long second, and then she chuckled, "You're funny," She said, her free hand tucking her hair behind her ear as the breeze keep messing with it. When I didn't return her laugh, her eyebrows pulled closer, "Wait, you're serious?" She asked, genuinely confused and I nodded.

Her eyes narrowed at me some more, "Hold on, so you really want me to give you my number?" She asked, repeating my sentence and I simply nodded. Why was she complicating this?

Usually, this is the easiest part of getting the girl...

She took a couple of steps forward, leaving little space between us, "So let me repeat this again, you want me to give my number to the random guy who was about to jump off the hospital's rooftop-"

I shot her a glare, "I wasn't going to jump," She tapped her hand over my mouth, shutting me up, "Also, the same guy who told me about his homosexual fathers-"

"They're not, they're brothers-" She waved her hand off, shutting me up again. Is it weird that I suddenly feel like I wanna push her into the near sea because she keeps silencing me. And then after taking her clothes off, we can....oh hell, this is escalating quickly.

"And the same guy who is probably a creepy stalker, that followed me all the way here on my vacation," She narrowed her eyes at me jokingly and I shot her a glare, crossing my arms over my chest and her gaze followed my movement, "It's a coincidence, believe me."

She pressed her lips into a thin line and shook her head, hugging the ball to her chest, "Nah, thanks, I'll pass," For a fleeting second, her gaze flickered to my arms again, apparently checking me out, "You're just not my type."

What the-

"Not your type?" What the fuck does that mean?

She nodded, "No offense," I am offended alright! She shrugged, all innocent as she looked at me, "I mean you're hot and all but...you look like those jocks who used to bully me in high school."

"Jock?" I asked and she nodded, "I am not a jock," I defended and her eyebrow raised, "So you're telling me you don't spend half of your free time either playing soccer or some kind of sport and the other half sleeping around?"

That hit a nerve. Damn.

I shook my head, my eyes narrowing at her, "That's such a stereotypical judgemental narrow thinking you have," Even if it's true...

She rolled her eyes, rather extravagantly, "Whatever you say, Mr. jock."

My jaw tightened and I rushed a hand over my face, "I think I prefer kidney boy over this now."