22

wilbur pov

also the story has like 2 or 3 chapters left, might do an epilogue if y'all want that

tw // contains mentions of knives and blood, if those are triggering for you stop reading at the italics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You fucking monster."

I looked through the footage of Dream and his victim for the hundredth time. She was obviously interested in him, and also clearly drunk. He lured her away from the crowds and from the cameras, presumably to where we found her body.

A few hours later, he appeared back in the cameras, his mask removed but his hands bloodstained. It was too grainy to make out his face, but it didn't matter. I-

We already knew what he looked like.

I reached for my phone, wanting to call George and ask his opinion, but hesitated. He was devastated after reporting Clay, and I didn't want to upset him even more.

Still, though, this was an extreme case, and George was still one of the best at evidence and creating conclusions.

Making my decision, I grabbed my phone and called him.

3 rings later, he picked up.

"Wilbur?" His voice was rough and scratchy, like he'd been crying.

"Hey. How are you feeling?"

"Fine. What do you want?"

I took a deep breath.

"I'm reviewing the footage from Dream's last kill, could you have a-"

"No."

"What? Why?" 

"Because I said no," he snapped. "I don't want anything to do with this case, so go fuck yourself."

"George, you don't still like him, do you?"

"I love him!" He yelled. "I love him, and I already betrayed him, and I'm not going to do it again for you."

I groaned.

"Fine. Whatever."

The call dropped.

"Where are we going?"

He was staring at me with his fucking puppy-dog eyes.

"Our first date, you took me to that one restaurant, you know the fish one?"

"Babe, did you get reservations?"

"Even better, we get the whole place!"

"Oh my god, I love you so much!"

That stung. But I had to do it.

I drove us, it wasn't like he would need his car.

We ate, and it hurt, but we had a lovely time. He gave me a beanie and a black watch. 

"Will, these past two years have been the best of my life. You are the greatest thing to ever happen to me. I love you more than I can put into words."

My breath hitched.

"Don't say that."

"What? Why?"

"Just please, don't say that."

I didn't need him making this any harder. 

He came over to me, wrapping his arms around me. I bit my lip, then grabbed a steak knife from the table and stabbed it into his back. He went limp, then gasped, then fell over. I watched as tears dripped down his face, but I didn't know if they were his or mine. I touched my face.

His.

"It's better this way."

He stared up at me with his puppy-dog eyes, and uttered 3 words.

"You fucking monster."

I left before he finished bleeding out.

I should have stayed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

wee woo wee woo

wilbur mean :(

kk