c h a p t e r o n e .

"If you'd tell me three years ago that the person I'll end up marrying is my now husband, Lee Seunghoon, I'll tell you you've gone nuts."

Laughs vibrated at the entire function hall.

"Lee Seunghoon, he's like my number one enemy back then. We have nothing in common apart from two things. The first one is that we both have a puppy, and the second one is we're both a friend to Kim Jinwoo. Apart from that, nothing."

It's been exactly four days since Mino saw Jinwoo again. Of course, he will be present at his bestfriends' wedding. Of course, Jinwoo won't miss it for the world, even if that means getting to see him again.

To Mino, that fact was both delighting and disheartening. Jinwoo won't come back if not for Seunghoon and Seungyoon. And another thing more, Jinwoo, he never spared him any of his attention. Since four days ago, he's been nothing but a stranger to him.

And him - Mino - as a respect to his two friends uniting in marriage, he didn't dare get close to Jinwoo. But that didn't mean he doesn't always look at his way because he does. Of course, he does. And Jinwoo, he'll always be mesmerizing to his eyes.

The clinking of glasses brought Mino back to reality. Seungyoon had finished his speech and the guests were requesting for the couple to kiss. It was old fashioned alright, but in any day, he'd gladly took one of the couple's shoes while he gives the other pair to Jinwoo.

That should have been them.

Really, that should have been them. Three years ago, if the incident never happened, it would have been them kissing each other's lips after telling each other their vows to forever.

"Hey."

Mino looked to his side to see Jennie. Jennie, Jinwoo's girl best friend.

They were still at the reception of the wedding. Everyone has begun eating. Mino was just about to taste the chicken dish he didn't know the name when Jennie approached him.

"Can I sit here for a moment?" she asked as she gestured at the chair beside him. He was with his and Seunghoon's common friends, but one seat wasn't occupied.

"Sure," Mino answered. He laid down his fork gently on his plate, and gave his attention fully to the girl.

"So..." Jennie looked around, obviously hesitant to whatever she was there to tell. "I know it's been like so long, so long ago already and I..." She bit her lips this time. "You see, Mino, I was, I was aware that I wasn't in any place to do what I've done three years ago but you see, of course, Jinwoo is my best friend.

"You, guys, were about to marry each other. I couldn't, my conscience couldn't take it to just be quiet after what I saw back then. I know I'm not perfect, hell nobody is, but what I saw, it wasn't right. Right? Like you were engaged, how can you be kissing someone else?"

Mino wanted to slam his hand on the table and walk away. Everyone on their table stopped all they were doing to listen to this girl who suddenly appeared and was telling the story of him cheating, a story that happened three years ago and for what?

"Wait..." Mino is a saint if he won't stop her there. "What do you want to say exactly? Should we really be talking about that now, here?"

Jennie looked around the place and nodded to herself more than anybody else. "Yeah, I know this isn't exactly the best time for this talk but I feel like this is my only chance to tell you my part of the story."

Mino felt a hand on his shoulder. It was his friend sitting beside him. "We'll just greet Seunghoon, man."

He can only nod. He truly appreciated them giving him and Jennie a bit of privacy. Mino got no nosy friend, fortunately.