38

Chapter 38 The Innocent Fool

The story, as the queen tells it, isn't all that interesting.

Lin Xiaodong listened to it calmly, and finally understood the purpose of Lu Xing's series of actions-he wanted to drag the upper echelons of the entire empire and bury his loved ones who had passed away.

But is he worthy?

The queen said to him: "Little guy, don't look at the splendor of this palace, but both people and things are already rotten to the root. Tonight is the deadline at 6:30. Before the king comes to you, I can probably do it for you. You buy half an hour, and take this opportunity to get out of here quickly."

The little mermaid looked at her with a look of sadness and sympathy: "What about you?"

"Me?" The woman smiled flatly, "What can I be afraid of now? Lu Shengzun used means to force my fiancé to plead guilty and break the marriage contract, and kept me in the harem for decades. The flesh and bones are carved out of the same mold as him... You say, what's the point of my life?"

"It doesn't need any meaning to live," said the little mermaid. "As long as you live, you will always meet good things. Just like when I used to pick up garbage, sometimes there may be only rotten apples for days in a row, but sometimes And fresh canned meat!"

The queen stared blankly at the serious expression on his face, and suddenly burst out laughing.

She hadn't laughed so happily in a long time, and she even burst into tears. Lin Xiaodong looked at the woman's curved eyebrows and eyes. Although there were fine lines on the corners of her eyes, she still felt that she must have been a great beauty when she was young.

The little mermaid took the initiative to remove the shield, reached out and gently hugged her body.

"Queen Empress, you are so pretty when you smile."

Feeling the long-lost warm embrace, the queen's eyes slowly moistened. She blinked her eyes hard, but she couldn't control it, and tears came down from her nose.

"You're a good boy." She choked and took the little mermaid into her arms.

"So, let's go...go far away and never come back!"

*

"Ding, good person card +1."

"You can start the character biography," the system said, "Are you sure you want to choose Lu Xing?"

Lin Xiaodong nodded.

"But the queen has already told you the truth, isn't it a bit of a waste to use this opportunity on Lu Xing?" The system asked in confusion, "Although you have already collected two and a half good cards in this world, but the remaining The next two and a half, but there is no sign yet."

"That's why I want to see Lu Xing's memories," Lin Xiaodong said. "It's true that the queen is a member of the royal family, but she and the old king Lu Xing are obviously not the same people, and they don't know all the information from the outside world after living in the harem for a long time. You must know that it is absolutely impossible for a person like Lu Xing to tell others about his plans, even if that person is his biological mother."

The system felt that what he said was indeed reasonable.

"Opening the 'Road Awaken' character biography..."

The first memory is the burning flight cabin.

Thick smoke filled the cabin, and the violent impact when entering the atmosphere turned the world upside down. After all, everything calmed down, but his leg was punctured by a lever, the bones were displaced, the joints were brittle, and the blood flowed non-stop with the slightest movement. , the pain is constantly stimulating the brain nerves.