chapter 23 ~ King's Ball

A/N: quick thing uh I don't know a frick frackle about kings and queens so if I get anything wrong don't harass me and my family..... ty ty..

shoto pov

it's been a few days after the accident and vox has been healing quite alright. I originally thought he would be in pain for a couple days but no! after walking about to his place, he has been doing great! which is great of course but damn! I wish I recovered that fast. moving on, one day we were talking about the up and coming king's ball and the other we are at the ball room doors! I sigh as I let go of vox's hand. I didn't want his chance of getting a wife ruined because of our romantic actions. I look over to see him in that sexy suit of his. I honestly don't know how he didn't get it stained yet, I mean. it's white! but that's a thought for later. I look down to my casual outfit. my black turtle neck and grey jeans. we were wearing the same outfits when we had first met. sigh.. memories. there was one thing different about my outfit though. I had put on the necklace of veronica's child. I wonder if I'll see her here.

"ready?" he asks and I nod in response. he opens the ball room doors to reveal crowds of people all talking very loud. and I thought it was loud when the doors were closed! we walk in and I fight back the urge to grab vox's hand. "you can go without me. I wont get in your way with getting a wife." vox stares at me for a moment before saying "okay then. stay safe." he then walks away. leaving me alone with only the crowd. suddenly a girl with the same red hair as veronica's pushes through the crowd and towards me. her green eyes stare at me with excitement. her green dress sways as she runs to me and hugs me. "it's y-you.." veronica's child stutters as I crouch down so I could hug her normally. "yep. it's me." I say as she pulls away "do you know where your mother is?" I ask her and she nods "she's where the food is." she states and I hum in response. "let's stay away from there okay?" "o-okay." 

I lean against the wall and fall down onto my bum. the girl doing the same thing. "what's your name?" I ask once I realize I haven't asked before. "m-my name is Rika." she mumbles and I smile at her words "mines shoto." her eyes light up "isn't that a Japanese name? I really like Japanese people. I was so excited when mum said we could go to japan! she did say she hated Japanese people though." I sigh at her words. bad enough she was a yandere but a racist! that's next level messed up. 

"ay! shoto!" a familiar voice calls out and I look up to see mysta and vox with a group of unknown people. I instantly stand up and Rika does too. I grab her hand and lead her over towards the group. "what were you doing over there? come on!" mysta pats my back then points over to a grey haired male. both his eyes were white and on of his eyes had a scar across it. he had a black and red sweater with a white t-shirt under it with some dark blue jeans "that's Fulgur." mysta states as Fulgur waves "hello." he says lowly and I nervously wave back "don't scare the boy! he just got here!" mysta chuckles before pointing to a purple haired male. though, his hair seemed more pink to me. his pink and purple eyes stare at me as mysta states "that's Uki." "hi! I hope your doing alright with all these people." uki chuckles and I smile. mysta points towards a gray headed male with blue tips. "that's Ike." his gray eyes stare at me with wonder as he says "hello!" "hi!" I respond back then right after mysta moves on and points to a brown haired male with one yellow eye and the other black. "that's Alban." alban waves and says "hi, ohiyo!" he says with a smile and I smile back. mysta's finger moves and points to a blonde haired male with blue eyes. "that's sonny." sonny waves "hi!" I wave back and let out a small "hi" "that's luca." he points at a blonde long haired male with light purple eyes. "hello~!" he purrs out and I wave in response. "and finally~ that's nina." he sighs after saying that. "so much talking" he mumbles as nina waves. "hello, hello!" nina says enthusiastically making me smile. her pale purple fox ear twitches as her red eyes stare at me with happiness. she also had red face paint on her lower eyes and near her temples. she tucks her long purple hair behind her human ear as she gives me a closed eye smile. "oh who is that cutie?" luca asks and the cutie, which is Rika, hides behind me in response. "her name is Rika." I state and luca awes. he then crouches down and opens his arms and nina calls her over. Rika gives me a look of worry and I give her a reassuring smile as I push her closer to the two. I'll definitely be doing a lot of talking from here on out.