-» The Truth & What About Us?

Start from the beginning

It took me a minute to realize. "So if I'll love her she will remain the most powerful?" I mumble, trying not to admit.

"You bet! Isn't it marvelous?" She cheers. I don't know. I'm that shocked and surprised from everything so I don't know what to believe in and do. Before I can continue with some questions, Winifred calls us to go faster. "They must be there!" Mary says as we hear some voice coming down from school basement. They speak English and then in French. This wasn't voice of anyone, but a CD.

On the way downstair I go slower. I'm losted in thoughts. "Caroline?" I look up in hurry to see Winifred. She stayed waiting. Before she can ask or order me to go faster, I hug her.

"What are you doing?!" Winifred turns away, shocked. This didn't worked out. It was a rollercoaster of emotions. "I'm so sorry. It's just...I wanted to thank you for a first nicely spent time in this hellish town." She's confused. "What manipulating technique is that?" She asks.

"It's called care." I smile. Our traditional staring contest. "I apologize for the hug." I say and rather keep moving, until Winifred stops me. "Wait." She shortly hugs me herself. Yes, you heard it! I'm amazed, but gladly return it. "I kind of care for you too." She says quiet only for me to hear.

I blink about that. Won't be lying, if I say I'm speechless from it. I just keep smiling. She little cup my face in her palms and smiles for herself. "You are better than she was."

It is supposed to be Katharina, but I play clueless. "Who, Winnie?" I ask. She starts to turn away. Away from my embrace. "Nothing. It's nothing." We share awkward smile afterwards.

"So..let's move!" She says as we completely turn away. I nod and follow her. That was unexcepted, but I enjoyed it. What if Sarah was right? What if I was the key to save them?

We run in the basement, to a little giant kiln to see a radio which has the CD. "Hello?" Sarah says. "Hello, I want my book." The CD continues. "Yes?" Winifred asks. I stay behind, but suddenly an arm throws me away from the giant kilm, which gets quickly closed by Allison and Dani. Winifred screams and tries to open it. I look around to see Max and also Thackery. "Burn it!" Max orders.

"What?! No! NO! STOP IT!" I yell and try to help them out. "Caroline, get back!" Dani says and tries to make me stay. "Caroline, help us!" Winifred calls with Mary and Sarah screaming from the fire. They'll be burned alive, I must do something! "I can't open it! Winnie!" I shout and although it hurts I hold my hand on one side of the glass window of the giant kiln and in terror watch the fire surrounding them.

Winifred holds it from the other side. It feels like I was squeezing her palm, what breaks me even more. "Caroline! Help me!" Winifred screams. I have to do something!

Suddenly something comes over me. Like a hedache or something. I hold my head and for some reason I feel weaker. I turn to see Allison with opened book. I know now. Oh God. They must have used the mentioned forgetting spell.

"How could you?" Then I look over Winifred last time, before my knees break and cause me to collapse. "Caroline! Caroline! Come back! Don't leave me!" Winifred yells my name, but I can't do anything, I just let myself get out of the touch.

"Will she be alright?"

"I hope she's fine."

"She just needs to have a rest."

"Are you sure it was good idea?"

"These witches would kill us. Even Caroline, it was the best thing to do. Trust me."

I wake up and find myself in my room. I can't remember anything. I only remember about my essay about Fatal Attraction and then heading home. But that's it. Did I slept entire Halloween? No shame, I'm a Christmas person after all.

"Caroline?" I look over door to see Dani, Max and Allison. "Hiya, guys. Oh my, can you tell me how long I have been sleeping? It felt like forever!" I laugh. They don't join my laugh immediately, but smile for themselves. "Very long, you must have been exhausted from today, you deserved the rest." Max says.

"Wait, Allison? Hi, so I see Max finally brought you to his place." I giggle. She blushes, but leans herself in arms of Max. I was actually happy for them. "That's great. You guys look great together." I add. "Thank you, Caroline." They smile. "So, what about me and Dani went outside to give you some privacy?" I offer, but they immediately refuse. "No! I mean, it's late and we are kind of tired." Max object.

"Oh, okey. Honestly I could sleep entire days, so I don't mind get back to bed." I joke. "Great, then we will see each other tomorrow." Allison says and follows Max to his room. "You should go sleep as well Dani, mom and dad would kill me and Max if they found out you're awake." I say and kiss her nose. "Could I sleep with you tonight?" She asks. I'm confused, she always hated to sleep in anyone's room but hers.

"You know it's the Halloween night and I just don't have an easy feeling." She explains. "Well, of course, why not." I agree and make a place on my bed for her. I put blanket on us and squeeze her hand. "As long as I'll be around no monsters or freaks will scare you." I say and place kiss on her cheek. She smiles and closes her eyes. I don't even notice a black stranger cat under our bed, sleeping here as well.

I was confused after so many hours of supposed sleeping I was still this tired, but nevermind. Sleep is good always. I simply close my eyes and easily fall asleep. Again.

author's note:
hi! long time no see? i said in previous a/n that i really don't know where to head with this story but considering the love you giving me i dedicated to continue. so yeah. denirosgirl i promised you no huge tragedy but how long do we know each other lmao. but let's wait what follows. now pls vote because it always helps. bye and enjoy!!✨