sixty-two | temporary high

Part I - Temporary High

November 3

6:03 p.m.

L: Your place or mine?

A: yours

L: 10?

A: sure

11:27 p.m.

After I came down from my high I lifted myself off her tongue. "What are you doing next Friday?" I ask as I pull up my underwear as she got off her bed to grab ber phone.

"Hopefully this again," she smiles as she grazes her nails against my thighs slightly causing shivers to takeover my body before she plants a sloppy kiss on my lips.

We were back in square one, but this time the square had sharper edges.

Lana and I made an agreement to start rendezvousing again, because it seemed that it was the only thing working for us now.

We didn't want to commit to each other because of our busy lives, bullshit I know. We decided to stay friends with benefits, as terrible as that sounds. In short words, we were each other's booty call.

nothing more

We'd hook up mostly on Fridays for a night full of sexcapades before I leave her place really late and go back to mine, and vice versa.

It has become casual, no commitment, no feelings, and most importantly with no strings attached.

January 16 | grant's penthouse

"What happened to me last night?" Chuck asks.

We were sprawled in the Jaccuzi by the end of the patio in our bikinis drinking wine wanting to unwind after a stressful week. I was in between Jay and Chuck, while Lana was in front of me next to Lila.

"You thought you developed magic powers and could talk to Lila's dog," Jay says.

"Yikes," she cringes. "Kind of glad, I don't remember any of that."

"It's okay," Lila says. "I got it all on video."

"You didn't!" Chuck exclaims causing us to laugh. "You asshole, delete it!"

I smile at their endless banter as I reach from my glass, downing the remainder of the wine before picking up my phone and scrolling through it.

L: i like red on you

I glance at the notification before my eyes fall on her staring straight at me with her hand phone in her hand.

I look up and give her a sly smile.

L: You know what color is pretty on you?

A: what color?

L: Me

I roll my eyes and see her smile in my peripheral vision as our friends continue to converse.