forty-four | spotlight

Part I/I - Spotlight

January 14

During the last few months, I've been all over the place, not mentally, but physically this time.

I'd been flying back and forth between Los Angeles and New York, trying to be involved in my little brother's life as much as possible. I typically find myself heading to New York because I need to be around him and his lighthearted energy, rather than because he requires my presence.

With how often I visit New York, I've been trying to be more open to the idea of rekindling my relationship with my mother.

I had also got the chance to meet the new man in her life, Hudson's father. Not once while being around him had I felt like he was there to replace my father.

"I could never" he said. "No one can"

He appeared to be very considerate to my mother, and I also found out that he encouraged her to reach out to me. That he had helped her in restoring the maternal instinct she had lost along the way, allowing her to become the mother Hudson deserved.

Otherwise what man would let his wife name his child after her late husband?

I haven't stopped going to therapy, I happen to go even more recently. Dr. Hanover and I have decided that, as of now, making our monthly sessions, weekly, is what's best for me.

All while juggling final exams and my capstone project prior the graduation ceremony.

1:48 p.m.

Lana was scheduled to have a private photoshoot at this location, but once Chuck linked her with the photographer, she sent us the address so we could crash it. But I was expected to be there anyway.

and I was running a little late

I successfully steered the car to the area and stopped once I spotted a parking spot. I grabbed my keys and the snacks, the girls had requested and proceeded to the building.

I made my way into the skyscraper and a guard greeted me in the lobby. Once he recognized me, he showed me to the elevators, and I thanked him before pushing the button for my stop.

31

With a ding, the elevator doors opened, and I strolled casually to the floor, where faint music greeted my ears. Everyone was busy prepping for the photoshoot.

Photographers were setting up their equipment on the left, while stylists were hauling clothing racks. Multiple makeup artists were distributed around her film set chair with her name on it, making her practically unnoticeable.

I dashed over to her before I get bombarded by my chaotic friends on the other side of the room.

"Hi," I said as I came to a halt next to the mirror she was looking in, her faced lightened up at the sound of my voice.

The makeup she had on outlined her sharp features immaculately, making them pop out, more then usual. She didn't even need makeup; she was unbelievably beautiful without it.

"You're late," she replies, her smile suppressed as a makeup artist brushed upon on her collarbones, defining them.

"And you look...gorgeous," I continue, my gaze fixed on her, causing a smirk to take over her face.

She wore a satin black robe that was nicely wrapped around her waist. One side slightly falling off her shoulder, the hem of her polyester push-up bra poking out.

god she's-

"Boo!"

The intensity of her voice made my heart fall to the pit of my stomach, jolting me out of my trance of ogling at Lana.