"Wow." Is all I could say. Do I want our relationship to become public? Not really. While it would bring a lot of attention to the bakery, publicity isn't always good. I don't want journalists flooding where I live and work. I'm still holding on to my goal of opening up my own bakery, so I don't want to be overwhelmed by reporters in the process.

Soon enough, we pull up to a building where there were many cars in the parking lot.
Kostas gets out and opens my door. I take a deep breath as he grabs my hand.

"You'll be fine." He said.

We walked through the doors and Kostas led me to a room. My heart was pounding, why am I so nervous?

The closer we got to the door, I heard music. It became clearer once the door opened.

"Χρόνια Πολλά!" They all shouted.
(Happy birthday)

Kostas smiled and waved at them all.
There was a Dj who was blasting music for the people on the dance floor. Two large banners were behind the Dj, one said Happy Birthday Kostas and the other was in Greek. His birthday isn't until Tuesday, which works out in my favor because that means I get to work on his cake tomorrow at the bakery. Mr. Jones said I was allowed to bake his cake there since it was Monday and a slow day.

There were many tables scattered around with beautiful blue and gold centerpieces. The tablecloths were white and there were chairs covered in a blue cloth with a gold ribbon tied behind them. Almost all of the tables were filled with people sitting down and the rest were on the dance floor or standing around the room.

I saw his cake on display, it was surrounded by cupcakes and other desserts. It was a 4 tiered blue and gold marbled cake. It look really nice and neat, I wonder what flavor it is.
There was also a table filled with food that some people were lined up to get. There were employees behind the table plating the food.

"I see my parents over there, let's go say hi

"I see my parents over there, let's go say hi." He said. We walked over to them and the first thing I see is an older version of Kostas. His dark brown hair had a few grey streaks in it and his beard was trimmed. He was wearing a navy blue suit. It's funny because Kostas is wearing a similar color, now they look even more alike.

"Geiá sou bampá" He said. The man smiled and they hugged. There was an older woman with light brown hair that was up in a high bun and another girl who looked pretty young. She had dark brown hair like Kostas and his dad. They must be his mom and sister. They both had on gowns, the woman's was navy and the girl's was gold. (Hey dad)

"Aftí eínai i kopéla sou?" His dad said and I didn't understand a word. I only know a few terms of endearment because Kostas has said them so much. (Is this your girlfriend?)

Kostas nodded and spoke in English this time. "Yes, this is Violet. Violet, these are my parents, Nicholas and Astraea, and that's my little sister Penelope."

"Nice to meet you." I smiled. So far so good.
"It's nice to finally meet you in person." His mom and I shook his dad's hand.

"You made my birthday cake right?" His sister asks softly. She seemed pretty shy. I nodded at her question. "Oh, it was really good, thank you." She said.

"You're welcome." I smiled. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure the cake they ordered for her was a single tier. Was her party like this one? If so, how did that little cake feed all of these people? Maybe they ordered a few different cakes, I wouldn't put it past them. I saw cupcakes on the table by his cake, so they probably had that too.

We all sat down at the table that had a bigger centerpiece than the rest. I guess this is his immediate family's table.

We conversed for a bit, getting to know each other, or more like, getting to know me. Looking around, I noticed that we were missing 2 people. "Is Hector and Aria here?" I asked Kostas.
"Probably somewhere on the dance floor." He said.

"You've met them?" His mother asks.
"Aria is my best friend and I met Hector the same day she did." I told her. She looked surprised.

"How long have you and Kostas been together?" Penelope asks. "About 3 months now." I answered.
"I hope my son has been treating you well, even though I don't know you that well, you already seem like an upgrade from that Agnes girl." His mother said making Kostas sigh. Penelope nodded, agreeing with her mother. I tried not to laugh. It seems like no one likes her.
I smiled. "He has."

"So, how did you two meet?" His dad asked.
"I'll let you explain that one mister sweet tooth." I said towards Kostas, making him laugh. I still can't believe he ordered one of every cookie we had on display.
He then began to tell them of our first encounter at the auction then how we met again when he was picking up Penelope's cake.

A lot of Kostas's family began to come and talk to him which led to us walking around the room and introducing me to his other family members. Kostas had to be my translator for a few people here, but a majority spoke English as well. Everyone was really nice and accepting, which I found weird, but I guess you can't judge a book by it's cover.

We danced for a bit and I felt a little restricted in this dress. I don't understand why they all dressed up like this if they're going to party this hard. We did end up seeing Aria and Hector on the dance floor. Aria's dress flared out a little so she had more room to move. She was wearing a gold sequined gown. 

Soon enough, it was time to cut the cake. Aria and Hector stood to the right of us. Both of them had champagne flutes in their hands.

His family started singing and I'm assuming it's a happy birthday song, but in Greek.
One of the workers began to cut pieces of the cake and hand them out. Kostas grabbed a plate for the both of us and we walked back to the table.

The cake was honey flavored and pretty good.
"Are you enjoying your birthday party?" I asked.
"Mhm, even more because you're here with me." He said. I smiled gave him a quick kiss and finished the rest of my cake. I want to try the other desserts, I've never tried them before except the baklava.

We ended up taking some of the desserts to go. I had a lot of fun, now it's time to start working on my cake for him.

——————

Thank you for 11k reads. Crazy to think this book was only published 3 weeks ago.