15

Violet

The smell of food compelled me to leave the room. I know my way around a little since I've been here a couple of times.
I left like a cartoon character following a visual aroma. I eventually made it to the kitchen to see Kostas in front of the stove making breakfast.

The bar might be low, but men who can cook things other than frozen waffles and cereal are so hot.
"Kaliméra panemorfi" He said knowing damn well I can't understand him. (Good morning beautiful)

"Uh...what?" I should go on duolingo.

"I said good morning." He said looking back at me. "Oh good morning, what are you making?" I asked.  "Greek style pancakes, they'll taste similar to the baklava we had at the restaurant." He told me as he flipped one. I noticed some bacon on a plate as well.

"Sit down, this will be ready soon." His kitchen is so nice and I would love to bake in here. It's so spacious and this island he has is literally made for me to decorate cakes on. Actually, his birthday is coming up, January 3rd, and I'm thinking about making his birthday cake.

He placed a plate of food in front of me with some pancakes, bacon and a cup of yogurt with berries and granola on top

He placed a plate of food in front of me with some pancakes, bacon and a cup of yogurt with berries and granola on top. Shit, the yogurt is a breakfast in itself.
I thanked him and we began eating. The food was really good. I managed to eat the pancakes and the bacon. I put the rest of my yogurt in the fridge for later. Kostas finished all of his food which was expected. As buff as he is I'm sure his appetite matches.

"You're more than welcome to stay here and make yourself at home. I'll be downstairs for the next hour or two." He told me getting up from his seat. I was going to wash my plate and silverware, but he told me to just rinse them off and put it in the dishwasher because he was running it tonight.

"What's in the basement?" I asked him genuinely curious. What if he's secretly a serial killer and that's where all of his victims are? Uh oh, it's a dungeon isn't it? Or maybe he's not crazy and it's a sex dungeon down there? But wait, why would he be going down there alone?

"A gym." He said simply. A gym? How big is this house? Maybe it's a little at home gym with a treadmill and a weight bench.

"Can I come?" I asked. Now I want to see this so called gym. I hated working out in public, I always felt like people were watching when I knew they weren't. I had a gym membership for one month before canceling it.

"Sure, you're working out?" He asked me while he put his plate in the dishwasher. Um no.
"Maybe another time, I wanna see what else there is to explore in this giant house." I told him. Also, he never gave me a proper tour so maybe today is a good day to ask.

"Well I'm on my way down there now if you want to come see." He told me and once I agreed, he grabbed my hand. We began to walk to the back of the house where there were stairs leading to the basement.