18

Violet

It's Saturday and I don't work thankfully. I'm a little grumpy because my body woke me up early when I wanted to sleep in.
I was in the kitchen making something quick to eat.
While I was eating, my phone rang. I picked it up and saw that Kostas was calling me.
"Hello?"
"Good morning moró." I heard his smooth voice through the phone. (Baby)

"Good morning!" I replied. It was 10:00 am and the last time I spoke to him was last night when he left.
"Are you busy?" He asked me and I told him no. Today was just going to be a lazy day for me.
"Well, I wanted to ask you something I meant to ask last week, there's a harvest festival going on this afternoon and I wanted you to come with me." He told me. That's hours away.

"That's a little last minute." I admit.
"I know moró, I'm really sorry I didn't ask you last week, time got away from me. You won't have to dress up or anything, it's outside in a park, so it's supposed to be casual." He told me.

"Hm...okay what time is it exactly?" I asked. He told me it was at 1 pm, so I guess I did have time to get ready.
Before we hung up, he told me he would come around to my apartment to pick me up.

I made my way upstairs to look for an outfit to wear. I checked the weather app and seen it wasn't going to be too cold today. It was that typical transitioning into fall weather.I have a feeling this will be the last semi warm day though, at least until spring.

Looking through my closet, I settled for a pair of light washed jeans and a white turtleneck. I paired it with a thick black cardigan I crocheted last year and some gold necklaces. I also made sure to put on the thin diamond bracelet I got from the auction.

People think crocheting is for old ladies, but I enjoy wearing something I've made. It was pretty easy to crochet considering it was all one color and the pattern was easy to follow. These sweaters and cardigans are only one of the many reasons I love fall so much.

I'll get dressed later, but I'll do my hair in the meantime. I'm thinking of putting it into a low ponytail. My hair is always either down or in braids, unless I'm at work, then it gets pulled back and secured.

Soon enough, it was 12:30 and I was putting on my shoes. I did some light makeup earlier, just to look more alive. I heard a knock at the door and grabbed my purse before going to open it.
As expected, Kostas was on the other side looking fine per usual. I almost laugh at how reversed our hairstyles are. His hair is down this time while mine is pulled back.

"Hey." I said reaching up to give him a kiss. He wrapped his arms around my waist and depended the kiss, I hummed in surprise. I've been loving Kostas's bold affection ever since our first kiss. I pulled away so I could breath.

"That was one hell of a greeting." I told him smiling. He smiled back and pecked my lips again. "Ready?" He asked. I nodded and locked up. We made our way out of the apartment complex and towards the parking lot where I saw a nice looking car that seemed a little out of place. Sure, our apartment is very nice and some would consider it luxury, but you don't see many cars like this around here.

As I suspected, it was his car parked there. He opened the door for me and I thanked him before getting in and buckling the seatbelt. He walked around to the other side and got in before starting the car. "What kind of car is this?" I asked him. I'm not good with cars, but I know when something looks expensive.

"Audi R8"." He said turning onto another street.
I hummed in acknowledgment. I've heard of these cars before, never been in one though. I'm sure this one costed a pretty penny.

"So, you said this harvest festival was for charity?" I asked him. He nodded. "The money they make from admissions and other festivities goes to the Make a Wish Foundation. They host it around this time every year because it's near Christmas."
Well that's nice.