"Yup," she smiles proudly."Your room is over here," she tells me, walking towards a closed bedroom. She opens the bedroom door and leads me inside. My new bedroom was way more extensive than what I had at home. It is already furnished with a full-sized bed, comfy chair, a desk, and a TV.
"We can go room shopping later this week if you want?"

"How the hell are you able to afford a two-bedroom apartment?" I ask, ignoring her question.

"Don't worry about that, babe."

"There must be something I can help out with." I sigh, suddenly feeling guilty. I don't know about living here rent-free.

"How about you go shower so we can put some food in our stomachs."

"Fineee," I sigh, turning towards the bathroom.

After dropping the clothes from my body, I took a quick shower due to my impatient growling stomach. Wrapping one of Shana's cleaned towels around my body, I open the bathroom door and jog to my room as coldness circled my bare body.

"Dress cute!" I hear Shana yell. I roll my eyes, even though she can't see me. After drying and moisturizing my body, I unzip my suitcase and throw clothes on my bed. Noticing the sun was starting to peek through, I decided to wear a long green skirt and black crop top.

Satisfied with my outfit, I step outside of my bedroom

Satisfied with my outfit, I step outside of my bedroom. I walk into the kitchen, where Shana stands by the counter, going through the mail.

"Ready," I say, catching her attention. She looks at me.

Shana inspects my outfits for a second. "It's a little librarian but hot librarian."

"Thanks...I guess," I said, grabbing my purse and pair of black sunglasses.

                       ~~~~   ~~~~   ~~~~    ~~~~     ~~~~   ~~~~   ~~~~  ~~~~  ~~~~  ~~~~

"This doesn't look like a restaurant," I say as Shana pulls over and turns her car off. We stop next to a home whose lawn looks like it wasn't cut in weeks.

"I want you to meet some people real quick."

"Oh God, Shana, I just want a burger!" I cry out, feeling hangry already.

"You will get your burger," she promises me before going inside her purse and quickly spraying me with perfume. I smack the bottle away, accidentally getting some mist in my mouth. She jumps out of the car before I can get hold of her. Fighting the urge just to run away, I step out of the car and follow her towards the front door.

Shana jiggles the doorknob before opening it. Who the hell leaves their door unlocked?

"Helllloooo!" she yells into the loud home. I follow Shana into the nosy living room. The music abruptly stops once a group of shirtless white men sees us. I suddenly felt very overdressed.