Chapter 6

While you were spending time reading books in the library, someone called you. "Ma'am, sorry to interrupt but the young master needs you as soon as possible," she said and bowed.

"Thanks. I'll go right away." It was already night yet you didn't notice since you had been reading since two in the afternoon. As usual, before you could knock on his door, he had already opened the door for you. "How do you know it was me who will knock on your door?" you wondered.

"I don't know. My instincts just know it was you," he replied and stepped back so you could enter his room. You were looking at him curiously while waiting for him to speak. Ayato looked bothered and anxious so you raised a brow at him while still waiting. Then, he sighed before talking. "Do you want to play with me?"

An incredulous smile painted on your face with your furrowed brows, still confused. "May I know what game is that?" you asked, then he turned away from you. He whispered something but you didn't hear it so you went closer. "I'm sorry. Come again?"

Ayato faced you and sighed again. "L-like a dress-up game... if that's what you guys call it," he answered but you still stood there, trying to comprehend what he wanted to say. "It's like I'll do you a makeover or something...?"

"Y-you... gay or what?" you uncertainly asked. Ayato shrugged your question then, held both of your shoulders, and made you sit in front of the vanity mirror. He took a chair and placed it near to yours while you were just observing him. "I mean there's nothing wrong with it. I accept you for who you are."

"Shh... you talk too much," he whispered and held your chin up to apply random cosmetics to your face. "Can you close your eyes for me?" When he said that, you closed your eyes and let him do what he wanted to do on your face. After he applied eyeshadow and mascara as well, you looked in the mirror and were mesmerized because of how clean and pleasing it is. It was just a simple and natural make-up. "Hold on, we're not done yet." He held your chin again and made you face him.

You closed your eyes again and waited for him to apply cosmetics to your face. When you realized that he hasn't applied something to your face, you opened your eyes and saw him staring at your lips with lipstick in his other hand. Without warning, he stood up and took the glass of water on his desk to drink it. "I'm sorry. What was I supposed to do again?" he mumbled under his breath when he sat back down on the chair. You pointed to the lipstick in his hand so he looked at it and embarrassingly nodded.

"Are you... alright? Your face is so red," you said and moved his hair away from his forehead to check his temperature but it seems like his temperature is fine.

"Perhaps, it's just hot," he responded and awkwardly laughed as he slightly moved your hands away from his forehead. The way he cupped your face with his left hand was too gentle as if you were fragile. He started to trace your upper lips with lipstick slowly with concentration as he bit his lower lip. Halfway through, he sat back straight and sighed then he looked at you, patiently observing him. "Can you please close your eyes? I can't concentrate."

"Ah, sorry." You closed your eyes again and he continued the other half of your lips.

"Hmm... yes, very nice," he mumbled and nodded after finishing your upper lips. "Now, do this." Ayato demonstrated how both of his lips rubbed one another.

Ah, he looks wholesome.

"Alright, we're almost done." He stood up behind you and brushed your hair slowly, then he rested his chin on the top of your head as he looked in the mirror while trying to think what hairstyle suits you. Ayato, then, opened a drawer and took a simple hairpin. It was just a silver pin with a few diamonds at the edge. He sat back down on the chair beside you and made you face him so he could tuck your hair behind your ear, then slipped the hairpin.

At first, Ayato was mesmerized by your overall ethereal face so he looked away when he realized that he was staring for a while now. "Do you want me to do this to you too?" you offered.

"May I take your hand in marriage?" he joked and offered his hand.

"Excuse me?"

"You're excused." Ayato took your hand and opened another drawer to get the nail polish. It was beige, plain and simple. "May I?" he asked permission and looked at you before applying it.

"I do."

His room was swallowed with both of your genuine laughs when you said that. After applying the nail polish to your nails, he blew it and fanned them with his hand to dry them faster. "To be honest, we're not really almost done. We're not even halfway through," he said as he stood up to get something from his closet.

The way he did it on your nails was clean and perfect. "You're such a perfectionist and indeed good at everything," you complimented him while admiring your nails and your face in the mirror.

"Yeah, I know. I'm good at everything," he confidently mumbled while still facing his closet. "I'm also good in bed."

Your lips slightly parted and your eyes widened when you heard what he just said earlier. "What was that again?"        

"What?" Ayato looked at you innocently.

"Did you say something?" you asked even though you clearly heard him.

"Oh, you must be hearing things." He looked back at his closet to browse.

"Yeah, I know. I'm good at everything. I'm also good in bed," you mocked him in a different tone and laughed hysterically.

Ayato took something from his closet and walked in your direction. "Ah, so you heard?" he teased and bent down to face you closer while you were still sitting on the vanity chair. "Do you want a demonstration? You know, I'm better than your Pete."

"Why don't you demonstrate it to Pete? You're always mentioning his name, anyway." You scoffed. "Do you like him?"

His brows creased. "Go change in the walk-in closet." He shrugged your question and handed a hanger with a bulky gown.    

"Where do you get these things? Are these from Lady Ayaka? Did you at least ask permission?"

Silence swallowed the room so you got up and went inside the walk-in closet, instead. As soon as you opened the tall heavy door with carvings on its edge, a spacious wide room with closet shelves on the wall welcomed you. It seems like this room is much wider than your room. There are complete suits hanging and it looked like it wasn't been touched yet. You felt like you were walking in a mall. This was the first time you entered this room.

There's a long comfortable bench so you sat there and placed the gown for a while. After putting on the heavy gown, you decided to get up and open the door but as soon as you finally left the walk-in closet, your eyes laid on him, undoing the last button of his shirt. It was your first time seeing his bare chest like that since his shoulders are only evident when he's in a bathtub. It felt like a sin looking at his god-like figure. How ironic.  

His bare-built body fed your eyes so you dashed back into the closet and knelt near the long bench with your hands intertwined together. "Lord, have mercy. Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned." Your elbows rested on top of the bench and your eyes were firmly closed. "Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come..."

The image of him popped again into your mind randomly so you intertwined your hands sternly and moved them closer to your forehead. "... thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation-" 

A creak was heard when Ayato slowly opened the door. "Do you need help with your-"

You abruptly opened your eyes and looked at him while slowly continuing your prayer. "... but deliver us from evil. Amen." From kneeling, you carefully stood up and awkwardly smiled at him.

"Why... are you praying?"

You laughed awkwardly and patted his shoulder before passing by. "Do you not pray randomly in the middle of the night?"

Reflection in His Eyes (Kamisato Ayato x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara