Chapter 2

The suspicious soup still emits vapor so you took the spoon and blew it as he waited for you to taste the meal he cooked. Even though you haven't tasted it, you're a hundred percent sure that this would taste bad because of its appearance and smell. 'Did he just put random ingredients and condiments here and just hoped for the best?' you pondered and glanced at him before you quickly swallow.

"How did it go?" he asked as he looked at the soup and back at you.

"It was... good!" you complimented him as you patted his head which made him smile widely. "I didn't know you're good at this!" It wasn't really good as you expected yet you're too kind to not hurt his feelings since he seems too soft for criticisms. When he was supposed to scoop another soup for himself, you held his arm to stop him and you poured all the soup into your bowl. "Can I eat this all? It really tastes good so I needed more. I will just cook another meal for you. Hold on!"

His genuine smile grew wider when you complimented him again. Before you cook another meal for him, you finished all the soup first and drank a lot of water. Since you're not assigned as the kitchen maid, you're not really that good at cooking but you have a bit of knowledge about the basics of cooking so it wouldn't be a problem. While you were stirring the boiling meal, you felt his embrace from your back so your hand trembled as you used the ladle spoon for stirring.

You concernedly tried to look at him in your peripheral vision. His chin was on your shoulder and his arms were wrapped around your waist. 'Is this fine? This is normal, right? Nothing is probably wrong with this.' You let him hug you for a while since no one will go in the kitchen this late at night. Out of the blue, his lips met your nape which sent you shivers from your spine down to your body. "Young master, please don't do that again," you warned him and laughed a bit to avoid awkwardness as you turned your back to push him slightly.

After a moment of cooking the new meal, he sat on the tall stool and you prepared the meal for him. When you were supposed to sit on the stool, you suddenly felt like throwing up so you gagged and covered your mouth. You bit your lips firmly as you gave the bowl to him. When you felt the vomit suddenly go up to your throat, you immediately swallow it again while still covering your mouth. It draws back to your esophagus so it gave you a strange pain in your throat that made you cough a few times which took the young master's attention to look at you worriedly.

Before you walk away, you bowed to him and gave him a reassuring smile. "Please excuse me for a while, young master." You didn't wait for him to respond, instead, you walk normally towards the kitchen door. As soon as you finally closed the door, you quickly ran as fast as you can. Just the idea of swallowing your vomit makes you want to throw up again.

At last, you're in your room so you immediately opened the bathroom door and moved the toilet lid up. You knelt down and threw up with your teary eyes. Everything was hurting. Your throat, your stomach, and your chest. It was too hard to breathe normally so your tears cascaded down on your cheeks as a few strands of your hair clung to your forehead and cheeks.

While you were still throwing up, someone brushed your hair away from your face as they caressed your back so you turned and looked up to look at them with your weary eyes. When you saw that it was the young master, you looked away and went to the sink to rinse your face and mouth. "You told me it was good. Why do you have to lie?" he firmly asked while looking at you seriously through the mirror.

"It was honestly good, young master," you lied as leaned on the sink and looked at him through the mirror.

"I hate people who lie," the young master sternly responded. You bit your lips and looked down to avoid his gaze.

"I'm not lying-"

"Then, why did you throw up?"

"I was just...I'm pregnant." When he finally walked away, you closed your eyes firmly and covered your mouth with your hand, trying not to burst out laughing because of your lame excuse.

As soon as you're done cleaning yourself, you went to the kitchen to wash the dishes and pots you used for cooking but unexpectedly, you saw the bowl of soup that was completely untouched so you went closer to the food and checked if there was something wrong in it. 'Is it not good? Did he not like it?' you can't help but overthink so you tried to taste the meal you cooked. It was not that bad though.

In the end, you decided to cook another meal for him and walked towards his room. When you knocked on his door, you didn't get a response so you slightly opened the door and saw him aggressively writing something on his desk. "Young master, I apologize for barging in. I cooked another meal for you since you haven't eaten dinner yet," you said as you walked closer to him, still busy writing.

"Can't you see I'm busy?" he rhetorically asked, then he laid his raging eyes on you. "Leave."

"Young master, you shan't skip a meal. A few bites would be fine as long as you've eaten enough," you responded but he just kept on writing. "Sir Thoma will give me a sermon if ever he finds out that you skipped a meal." When you walked closer to him, he harshly closed the hard-bound journal and looked for a novel from the library shelf just to avoid you. "For pete's sake, you need to eat-"

"Who's Pete?" he suddenly asked which made the room linger with silence for a while.

"Uh- he's no one... It's a phrase to express an emotion, young master," you calmly replied while still holding the tray.

"Is he the father of that child of yours? Are you meeting other men without my permission?" he strictly asked as he leaned on the library shelf with a book in his hand.

"What?! N-no! I'm not!"

Ayato went closer to look at you from head to toe. "Hm... sounds defensive. You may take your leave," he said, then walked away. When he turned around and saw you still standing there, he raised his voice and slammed the book on the desk. "LEAVE."

"What is wrong with you?!"

"THOMA."

"F-fine! I will take my leave." You panicked when he started to ring the bell from his bedside table so you tried to stop him. "Please stop that, young mas-"

"THOMA!"

When Thoma finally entered the young master's room, he looked at you with suspicion so you tried to find an excuse. "Sir Thoma... I'm not- I didn't do anything. He's just not in a mood today."

"I don't want to see this woman," he seriously stated as he pointed at you.

Thoma grabbed the tray that you were holding and he held your arm to pull you away from the young master's room. "You can't do that!" you shouted at the young master while struggling to shove Thoma's grip away from you. "I took care of this position for years yet you're just going to throw me away as if it's nothing to you. I tried my best to understand you and I was careful to not hurt your feelings! You can't do this!"

"OH YES, I COULD!" A quick silence covered the room when he shouted and threw the book on the floor.

"You will need me someday. Mark my words," you sternly said and glared at him before you voluntarily left.