Chapter 8

Ayato handed a bouquet of red tulips while looking directly at your lovely face with passion and admiration. "Do you like gardening? Because I would love to put our tulips together."

I've heard that line already. But I appreciate the thought. You chuckled at his cheesy line and accepted the bouquet with your other hand, still on your back. "My sincere gratitude," you thanked him genuinely and placed your right foot at the back of your left foot to bow. "Am I dead already? Red tulips are a common choice for funeral flowers."

"That's not the only meaning for red tulips, you know." He scoffed, then his sight looked at your hand, hiding on your back. "Hmm? What are you hiding? Do you have something to give to me as well? Come on, it's fine. I accept all gifts whether it's expensive or not."

"Huh?" You hesitantly take your hand out and looked at the Kaeya's white cloth, stained with red wine and traces of your blood.

He took the white cloth with an embroidered initials. "Did you personally embroider this for me? I never thought you'd be good at this! There are even my initials on it. I love this. That's very generous of you. Thank you."

"Hahaha... y-yeah. It's just... I accidentally stained it with red wine a while ago. Can I wash it first before giving it back to you again?"

"Sure. I would appreciate that. I didn't notice the stain since it's quite dark here." Ayato gave the white cloth back. Both of you wandered outside the main estate, away from noisy people having fun. There were no street lights and the moonlight is the only source of light that helps you to see the way.

Out of curiosity, you can't help but ask. "I was just wondering, who called for you earlier?"

"Her Majesty, the Queen, has called for me to gather intel about the current situation of people under my jurisdiction. I also bought that bouquet a while ago along the way while finding you."

"Lucky you. I've never seen her yet with my own eyes in my two decades of living."

While walking without knowing where the both of you are heading, an awkward silence enveloped the place. When the street light hits you, he glanced at you and did a double take as soon as he saw stains wrapped all over you. "Ah, you're such a mess. Let me retouch your makeup," he said and took his handkerchief from his coat to wipe the stain from your face before taking out a small makeup palette.

"My thanks and appreciation. Let me do the honor," you said and took the palette. Then, you looked at him curiously after retouching. "How do I look?"

Ayato tilted his head sideways and scanned your face. "You look like... the love of my life." He looked down and chuckled. 

"I love this game. We should play this more often."

He went along with you and bowed his head slightly with his left hand at his back. "As you wish, Your Highness."

You laughed at his polite gesture and clung unto him when he offered his arm. Ayato let you back to the main estate since it's still too early to leave. The music inside was loud yet calm at the same time. Everyone has their own business and no one was giving you weird stares anymore as if nothing happened. When you felt like Ayato stopped walking, you glanced back at him. He looked back at you, held your arm, and took a chair along the way as he headed to the comfort room of women with you.  

"Eh? You're not allowed here," you told him.

"Let's play hide and seek, shall we? Don't make noises." He closed the door of the cubicle and placed the chair under the knob so you couldn't open the door.

"Sure... but why are you locking me here?!" You panicked and slammed the door when you couldn't turn the doorknob. I don't think this is how this game works. He obviously knows my hiding spot since he's the one who pulled me here. Dumbass?! Is this a joke or what? When he finally left, you put the lid of the toilet down and sat there, waiting for him while admiring the bouquet of red tulips he gave earlier. After a while, you heard footsteps coming closer so you stood up.

Reflection in His Eyes (Kamisato Ayato x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें