Chapter 4

That one question with five words from the young master changed everything. He became close to you again as if nothing had happened. But this time, it seems like his closeness is a little different now. Out of tiredness, you decided to lay down on the grass and close your eyes for a while. This part of the estate is your favorite spot, where perfectly trimmed bushes of camellia flowers are located beside. As you were laying and resting on the grass with your eyes closed, a shadow blocked the sunlight hitting your eyelids so you lazily opened and squinted your eyes just to see Ayato smiling and looking at your upside-down face.

"Found you," he whispered with his wide genuine smile as he lay down on your right side. "You're not in a relationship with anyone, are you?"

With your hands intertwined on top of your abdomen, you turned your head to your right side where you saw his upside-down face. "I'm not in a relationship with anyone currently," you honestly said, then you faced the clouds and closed your eyes again.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

Your eyes abruptly opened and your eyebrows knitted. Wow... did he just pity me?!

"Why do you pity me for not being in a relationship?" you asked him and got up to sit while hugging your knees near to your chest. "I don't need a man in my life."

"Very well, then," he responded and nodded. When he realized something, he got up and went closer near to you. "So, you're telling me that you will raise the poor baby alone?"

You moved your legs down and looked at your womb. "Y-yeah, probably," you lied and looked away while bitting your lips to prevent yourself from laughing. Honestly, how long will I go along with this joke?

"My goodness, Pete is such a terrible man for leaving his responsibilities behind. He's not even guilty nor remorseful of what he did. That's preposterous..."

That's the moment when you had to fake your cough as soon as you unintentionally chuckled.

Man, I'm not sure if you're serious or just getting along with my joke.

***

The next day, everything was fine and normal. You did the usual routine. Wake up early in the morning to help your fellow servants with minor chores, prepare the young master's breakfast, and assist him.

His bathtub was full of bubbly soap and the scent of the flower lingers in the room. "Can you stop making that weird noise?" you asked him while massaging his stiff shoulders as you looked at the gap in the slightly opened door of the bathroom. "Bro, stop moaning."

"How come you're getting good at this?"

"Alright, that's it. I'm leaving you."

As you were about to stand up, he suddenly grabbed your arm so the bath water overflowed and your clothes were soaked. "Great, I'm so wet right now," you said with disappointment as you closed your eyes firmly and pursed your lips out of stress. When he still hasn't let go of your hand, you glanced at him. He was looking at you with confused brows and a sly smile. "What's with that look?! T-that's not what I meant!"

"Sure," he scoffed.

The petals floating and waving on the serene water caught your attention so you knelt down to take a look at them closely. It was your first time paying attention to them. "Are these flower petals edible?" you curiously asked as you rested your arm at the edge of the bathtub and rested your chin on top of your hand.  

"No, but I am," he responded which made you glare at him. You went along with his joke so you jokingly took his finger to bite it but he suddenly shoved it into your mouth.