26: This is how we do it

Chapter 26: This is how we do it

Axel's POV,

"Anong hahanapin?"inip kong tanong. Kanina pa kasi nakatingin si Daniel sa papel na nabunot niya, isa sa mga bisita rito and unfortunately, an agent too. Taga ibang agency siya pero halos lagi kong nakikita. Its no coincidence, he just loves to annoy the hell out of me.

Why did I team up with him?I didn't. He challenged me that is why I'm here. Hindi ako umuurong sa laban, and the consequence is I need to stay with his group now.

Damn but okay. I'll show him what I can do.

A smirk formed in his lips as he handed me that tiny paper. A chair?There are too many chairs in here. I tried looking for more clues but none. Chair lang.

I'm sure there's a clue somewhere.

I looked at the paper again.

"See you, Axel. May the best man win."he said teasing me. I smirked. "Sure."he left and looked at him following his movements. He has no clue what chair should he be looking since he's checking every chair that comes in his way.

Our teammates stayed silent. I told them to wait and I'll figure something out, to at least, calm them down. Ginawa nila ang sinabi ko kaya napatingin muli ako sa papel.

The chair was written in italic. I don't know much about these writings but this is the only thing that could be my clue. Is the chair I'm looking for slanted?But there are many slanted chairs. Though, the straight ones are more than the slanted ones but still.

Keep trying Axel, may makikita ka rin.

The "C" in the word is written in capital letter. There is a tail like above the line on letter "h" which made it look like it leans to the letter C. Maybe the chair—

I squinted my eyes and saw a sparkly thing. A glitter. Maybe the chair has glitter in it. And is leaning on to something. And—

I looked above and found it.

Its close to the heiress' chair so I need to do it without her noticing it. Though I can carry the chair, it would be damn hard for me not to be noticed. I keep walking and stopped to think what should I do.

Unless—

A loud bang was heard all over the place. Everyone panicked, including the heiress. I took the chance and get the chair. It didn't take long when I went back to the team carrying it.

I tried checking out the scene and saw Aphrodite and a woman horrified. One of our teammate(I don't know her name) explode,literally. Chunks are everywhere and it made everyone panicked. I told the group to stay calm so that we could focus more. Its hard, but eventually, they did.

Aphrodite told me that they can handle the thing so I went back on my way. I saw Daniel exhausted just by looking from chair to chair.

Hindi ko na tuloy naiwasan pang ngumisi sa estado niya. Well, I won't get my position for nothing. I know what I'm capable of. I don't know about him though.

"Well Daniel?Nakita mo na ba?"I said trying to hide that playful smile but failed.

"Im close."he said, his nose flaring. Judging by his reaction, he knew I already know.

I looked at the chair and tried to think of possible ways to open it. A man gave me a small pocket knife which I used to slash it. I removed some stuffs in it and found a detonator.

"Give me that Axel."Daniel said.

"No way. I found it so I'll handle it."I insisted. He glared at me and I glanced back at the detonator. Like typical ones, I manage to activate it for just a minute then I heard beeping sounds. I think it detonated some bombs within us, but I don't think not everyone.

"How's that for a show, Daniel?"I smirked before leaving him away. I went to the cr and found men in black suits.

"Pwede naman mag-cr diba?"saad ko dahilan para magtinginan sila, medyo natagalan ito bago nila napagpasyahang buksan ang pinto.

I went inside and locked the door. I looked around to see if there's a camera which thankfully had none. I took my phone behind my suit and released a loud beeping sound outside. That'll last for 30 seconds, I need to be quick.

I immediately contacted, Ian. "Code A. Don't move until I say so."

And then, the beeping sound was gone. I hid my phone and fix myself a little bit before leaving the comfort room. Napatingin ako sa mga guards na wala man lang kamalay malay sa nangyari.

-----